Raised CAT cut-offs

With the raise in CAT cut offs this year, getting admissions into IIM's has become tougher.
India’s best Business Schools, Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have raised the cutoffs for admission into the 2011-13 Batch. IIMs on January 12, released the CAT Scores online and announced the cut-off percentiles for the admission process as well.

IIM Ranchi which had the highest cut off at 99.65 last year has raised it further to 99.66. Candidates scoring 99.66 percentile in CAT and 60 percent in higher and senior secondary levels have been short listed for GD/PI. IIM Ranchi has short listed a total of 1036 aspirants for group discussion and personal interview.

IIM-Calcutta has its cutoff at 99.59. IIM Ahmedabad announced that 540 students whose overall percentile is 99 and each sectional cutoff at 94 would be called for the personal interview. IIM Lucknow, which was one of the CAT 2010 organising institutes, has increased the weightage of CAT scores. IIM Kozhikode has also decided to give 50% weightage to CAT score, 15% to GD and social skills, personal interview 25% and writing task 10%.

The scores for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2010 were released on Wednesday. There are eight candidates who scored 100 percentile and 19 with 99.99 percentile.

While many students found it difficult to access results online, the IIMs said that the website did not crash, despite around two lakh students checking the result on the web.

source:minglebox

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi!! I am ritesh singh from karunya university,coimbatore.Our Biotechnology department is going to organize a national level technical symposium 'EVOGEN" on 18th n 19th of march. It would include events...
hai friends can anybody tel me the format for paper presentation
Guys few days ago I had participated in an online hacking competition organised by kurukshetra university There was question asked in that level about buffer overflow attack. After doing some...
AKAI TRIO is Triple Sim Mobile has been recently introduced by AKAI Mobiles in India. Now that multi-SIM phones have been a rage in India, TRIO features 3 GSM SIM...
[FONT="]On/Off Control[/FONT] - Suppose a process operator has the task of holding the temperature, T, near the desired temperature, Td, while making sure the tank doesn't overflow or the level...