Rain Water Harvesting - Transforming Nicaragua

Replies

• sowjitha
    sowjitha
    ya i heard about it and it is a nice idea
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is an interesting take on this. I am sure everyone has seen the beautiful spiders' webs with strings of diamond like water droplets along the threads early on foggy mornings. The large surface area with small imperfections provide nucleation sites. The water in the fog collects on the threads and the hydrophobicity of the surface condenses the water into spherical droplets.

A major bio-mimicry programme based on the spiders' web has now been set up to harvest water from fog in areas short of rain water. Substantial amounts of quite pure water are being collected. Interestingly the collectors are vertical and have small foot prints.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Grand Quiz Contest Question #23 is worth 15 CE Coins! What do the following words all have in common? FAR BLOW BACON LATHER FASTING WARINESS PACEMAKER ---------------------------------------------------- Fastest to answer...
Grand Quiz Contest Question #24 is worth 15 CE Coins! What do the following common words all have in common? BEATS COINS ELBOW GREET HOSES DOORS OTTER PEONS REFER RICED...
Grand Quiz Contest Question #25 Worth 30 CE Coins! ACROSS 1. Name of a film studio. 4. Color of this bird is slate. 11. He won against Joe, but Leon...
Hello there, My name is Allen Jones, a very new member to this forum. I found this forum very informative and I am really very excited here to take part...
iam tryin to make an electromagnet that operates under 12 volt dc😀 .i want to know how many turns of copper wire i should wound over an iron piece (eg....