Railway Security Monitoring using vibration sensor

Project Abstract / Summary : •In this project the vibration sensor is placed on the track. It is fabricated with peizo - electric plate. It converts the mechanical vibration into electrical signal.
•This electrical signal is compared with a fixed threshold value when the value exceeds the threshold value it proves the track is not damaged.
•But when the received signal value is less than the threshold value it indicates there is crack in the track and this sends a signal to GSM module which will send a warning message to another GSM module fixed in the train.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : there are many accidents because of derailment and discontinuity in tracks.
Transport is a key necessity for specialization that allows production and consumption of products to occur at different locations.
India possesses the fourth largest railway network in the world. However, in terms of the reliability and safety paerameters, we have not yet reached truly global standards.
The main reason for railway accidents are due to 60% derailment and 90% crack problems .

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Easwari Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So finally the GATE 2015 exam is over and everyone is patiently waiting for the results to come out. Much to everyone's relief, IIT Kanpur has declared that the results...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main aim of the proposed system is to develop a system which provides safety and security to the much-needed corporate transport. The system in...
ankita can u suggest me some good topicz for my final year project.....as i am computer student of diploma
samsung galaxy smart phone s6
BITSAT 2015 is the official computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT 2015 Examination The test...