Ragging??

Hi everyone
Afraid of the subject??....Don't worry i just thought of starting a thread where we can share our funniest ragging experiences.Ragging is the part of every engineering college and this is the thing which we hate most or can say scared of when we are freshers and favorite passtime when we are seniors??.......I think all of you agree with the point!

So what are you waiting for...Just start pressing ur keyboard buttons.

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    My intro....

well as i started the thread so first one has to be mine....My funniest experience was we people were sitting in our room and suddenly someone knocked our door...as those were the days when a simple knock at the door made us a bit more scared we got up and finally one of us opened the door up...There were seniors as expected and we people look most funny than ever dressed up in long salwar suits with hairs tied up and bathroom slippers(Don't laugh!)....and they asked one of us to start our intro to the tune of "Didi Tera Dewar Deewana"....we were not allowed to laugh but when my roomie was singing or giving her intro supposingly i couldn't stop laughing but somehow i managed as devils were standing in front of us...and when they left the room we burst out like balloons holding our stomach....

Ragging days were the most weird days of my life but when i remember them now i end up smiling...wat about u??
  • crook
    crook
    those were the best days

lol now I have lots of experiences to share here ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll start one by one

It was the start of our first year in engineering and all of us had moustache ๐Ÿ˜’ . The seniors entered our classrooms and asked all the guys with moustache to stand in front of the class.

Being new to the college, all of us were scared. We were asked to keep a clean shave. The next day was one of the most embarrasing days of my life. I had a clean shave and I couldn't look at myself in the mirror ๐Ÿ˜›.

We had lots of fun in college that day. Everyone looked so different.

But those guys (seniors) were the people who helped us during next two years.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    never?

Its amazing that this thread is down ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Guys! you never got ragged? Cummon! share your experiences !

Engineering isn't complete without the 'ragging experience' ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Don't tell us that you never got involved into ragging :hehehe:

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Its amazing that this thread is down ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Guys! you never got ragged? Cummon! share your experiences !

Engineering isn't complete without the 'ragging experience' ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Don't tell us that you never got involved into ragging :hehehe:

-The Big K-

Bowled Mr.. BIGGI

You too are a engg....๐Ÿ˜

In Btw...
    For me, The great experience was...:
    i was talking with one of my senior on second day of my college...
    he was talking to me like my batchmate...in dress code...(Plain shirt -pent)
    and i was curshing my seniors who ragged me...one day before....he was hearing everything with intrest...
    and aftre 3 day he himself come to rag me...seeing her my position was......
    i think you all can except .....๐Ÿ˜€
    A worst exp....but a great incidence to remember....

JJ
    --Crazy
  • acrazyengineer
    acrazyengineer
    strange raggin eh!!

hi frends let me go on nd as i wl ul see dat ul be jealous becoz my experience ws a bit strange!! d day i ws called for raggin i ws a bit angry on my frends nd ws not in a gud mood so whn i went to d seniors room i just gave my intro nd al as normal den whn dey asked me to do certain thins i just refused ,dey were just lookin at me sayin hu dare u ??but i just refused den 1 bhaiya asked me ws somethin wrong i said dat i ws a bit angry on my frends den nothin happende no more raggin dey took me to d canteen ,nd dats my story,jealous!!!
  • crook
    crook
    hahaha

While in second year, we had asked our juniors to wear white trousers and red shirts ๐Ÿ˜

that's not funny?

they had to wear the same shirt and trouser for a week ๐Ÿ˜

CrooK
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The tradition of ragging in my college was started by cadets of the National Defense Academy and College of Military Engineering (both in Pune). This is because there were no "seniors" to rag the first couple of batches. So ragging in my college consisted of mental as well as a particularly arduous physical component.

One experience comes to mind immediately. A senior asked my friend, what his favorite subject was. He said it was maths. The senior then asked him about his favorite topic in maths. Coordinate geometry came the reply.

The senior then asked my friend to open his cupboard and throw his clothes such that no two clothes are at the same coordinate inside the room!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I heard about it!!
  • itchap
    itchap
    It was my second or third day in college when seniors caught me in front of canteen. Suddenly 4-5 seniors come and start asking my intro. I start giving introduction in the mean time one senior said to me to wish 90(I thnk most of the people know what is 90).
    i am going to give 90 suddenly my friend come to me and told that the seniors cannot ragging me because i am a local student. College is in my native place not very far from my home.

That's my first and last day of ragging.Then after i have n't given ragging. But after one year i took the junior's ragging in the same way.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The grand end to the ragging came on freshers day after the freshers party!! This was the time for Olympics!! Olympics in traditional style (without anything on).

The task was simple, there was one underwear at the end of a corridor, and there were about six first year students waiting at the start line. At go, we scrambled towards the lone underwear. Whoever got his hands on it first won (some of his dignity)!! The rest qualified for round 2!!

Good times!! haha
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Hmm..what is 90?? Haven't heard about it..
  • smita89
    smita89
    90 is when u bend over at an angle of 90 degrees (almost parallel to the ground)

I remember my experience when I was late for college and unluckily got caught by a few seniors who were loitering around. When they asked for my intro, I told them that I was from dehradun (my dad was posted there that time). They were curious what I was doing in orissa so I told them my dad is in the army and he was currently in ddun. The look on their faces was PRICELESS ๐Ÿ˜

After that understandingly no one bothered me much LOL
  • gohm
    gohm
    I had to look at the thread to see what ragging is... seems to be what we call initiation or hazing. More common in high school than college. Although pledges involved with a group (fraternity or sorority) will go through this in college.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, I first heard about ragging through my collegues from India and Sri Lanka. Interesting stuff. Though, if anyone tried to "rag" me, I'll probably beat the crap out of them for trying such an immature thing at college level. Of course, one should respect seniors.. but that doesn't give them the right to toy around with you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I know it sounds strange, to say the least, but after a while I kinda enjoyed ragging. Call it Stockholm syndrome if you wish, but the most memorable days of my college life was when I was in the first year and when I was in the final year..the rest is a blur!!!

But I must say, our seniors did know their limits, and when another senior crossed his, they would take him to task!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To my surprise there's no one who started up this thread....i thought it might have been started earlier....C'mon guys wake up! What do they bloody politicians think of them?? Year...
Hi CEans! I am starting a thread which would eventually become a part of CE-Finance Section. The question that we will discuss in this thread is: Is your living home...
Hey CEans ! I have just thought of this : ๐Ÿ˜ How about celebrating Crazy Engineers' Day ? ๐Ÿ˜ How many are for this idea? Biggie what do you say...
The title was quoted by Henry Youngman. It has nothing to do with my even worse financial stature ๐Ÿ˜” . Recently, I was handed over my revised compensation letter and...
Guys! I just came across this fantastic site - have a look at it & feel free to discuss what you think. https://thedreammovie.com/ -The Big K-