Quitting My Job For CAT 2013 Preparation - Am I Doing Right Thing?

I'm addressing to all...kindly advise me...I'm a 2012 pass-out Civil Engineer & currently working in a reputed company(SPEC). I'm planning to quit my job by the end of this month for the preparation of CAT-2013. I have two questions,
1. Am I taking a wise decision???
2. Is it possible to prepare for CAT-2013 within merely 5.5 months???

awaiting your valuable advices...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've moved your question to a new discussion thread in Engineering Jobs & Careers because I believe it's most suited here. Let me answer your questions below-
    1. Your decision will be a wise decision only if it is in sync with your long term goal and your interests. Are you convinced that CAT is 'THE' way to achieving your goals? If yes - your decision is wise. If not, you will have to evaluate things again.
    2. I've known people who didn't even open a CAT preparation book for a day and got 99+ percentile. Frankly speaking it's impossible to give a generic and correct answer to this question because 'it depends'. Have you taken CAT before? If yes, how well did you perform? If you already were in the 97+ percentile range - and are confident that some more preparation will get you in - you are on the right track. If not, I'd say you need to analyse your situation and options again. If you haven't appeared for CAT before and this is your first time - I'd say you have to check your mock CAT rank. If you have appeared in the top 100 - dedicating time to CAT preparation may be a good strategy. Otherwise it's not.
    The point I'm making is to consider the situation you are in - are you able to afford not receiving paycheck until you land in your next destination? Have you considered what your options are if you do not get the desired score?
    More, after we read your views.
  • Sandeep_CE
    Sandeep_CE
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanx for your valuable advices.

This is my first attempt for CAT...& there is no problem regarding not receiving of paychecks..that I can afford....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems Pennies are still serving one purpose in America by being the de facto standard for measuring the minutest of things. The GPS is practically omnipresent for an average...
I am being shown an undefined error when I try to upload a file to any part of CE to resources or to a thread I am not able to...
I want to become an android developer but i found a new os is going to dominate it..
we're pleased to inform that aBaCUS'13 will resume on April 19-20. Web Development workshop will be held on April 20. aBaCUS'13 is back with Intern for all technical events!! Come...
So I have a project in mind. Its a monitoring system where I'm going to use a temperature sensor and an RFID to be controlled by some microcontroller or microprocesor...