Quit smoking, get 10 percent hike

Bangalore: Quit smoking and get a 10 percent hike in basic pay. That is the offer made by the head of a Bangalore based firm to coax his colleagues to quit smoking in 2010, reports Debi Prasad Sarangi of Bangalore Mirror.

"The idea is to ensure that employees adopt a healthy lifestyle," says A C Ramesh, CEO, Focus Engineering Services, who plans to lead by example. Ramesh has been a smoker for the last 25 years and plans to quit the bad habit, which, he thinks, would have some positive impact on his colleagues.​

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    This is a great initiative really πŸ‘

Incentives like these will surely have an effect on the behaviour of the employees and motivate them to quit this habit that is taking million lives every year
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very good and nice initiative...

Hope for good result..!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is a wonderful initiative πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Great initiative!!

But what about non smokers?? Will they automatically get the hike? That'd be wonderful!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    If they( non-smokers) don't get a hike, is there a chance for then to pick-up smoking and then try to quit 😐?

I think motivation for smokers should not be coming in financial terms
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, if everything else fails, no harm in trying out financial terms to woo them to quit, right?? It's one type of bait, after all!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quick Heal CEan of the month December 2009 is... 😁CEan - Goyal420😁 ​ CEan Goyal420 joined CE in September 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Goyal420 belongs...
Official Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/31251-quick-heal-cean-month-december-2009-a.html Congratulations, Goyal420! Keep up the excellent work!
Have you ever noticed whenever you create a file? check it's properties.. in that there are two labels named size size on disk Can anyone explain me why there is...
Go to Google.com Today and click on I'm Feeling Lucky Button and tell us what do you see there? There is a gift awaiting you Do Check it out guys.
can any body suggest me how can i boot my system with a pendrive? i have iso image of vista and want to boot my system with a pendrive.πŸ˜’