Quick Heal Raised INR. 60 Crore From Sequoia Capital

Press Release: -

Sequoia Capital India, today announced that it has invested INR 60 crore in Quick Heal Technologies, India’s leading provider of computer security software products. This investment will help Quick Heal Technologies in growing its product portfolio, expanding its global distribution footprint and funding future acquisitions. Quick Heal Technologies has been growing at a CAGR of almost 100% for the last three years, making it the fastest growing software product company in the computer security space in India. The Company registered revenues of more than INR 100 crore in FY 09-10, all from its indigenously developed product portfolio. With this investment Sumir Chadha, Managing Director, Sequoia Capital will join the board of the company.

[​IMG] Sanjay Katkar, CTO, Quick Heal Technologies, Sumir Chadha, MD, Sequoia Capital & Kailash Katkar, MD & CEO, Quick Heal Technologies

Sumir Chadha, Managing Director, Sequoia Capital India said, “Quick Heal is today the first choice computer security product for consumers and business owners. We are confident that the company will continue to strengthen their dominant position in India and replicate this success in overseas markets.”

Quick Heal has a suite of award-winning computer security products that are installed in corporate, small businesses and consumer’s homes protecting their computers from viruses and other security threats. The Quick Heal Total Security product, addresses a wide range of distinct security needs that protect the PC from online and offline threats, in addition to providing privacy protection and PC optimization. The company also added a unique feature to Quick Heal Total Security called the PC2Mobile Scan, which enables users to scan, detect and delete malware, spyware and viruses from mobile phones.

Kailash Katkar, Managing Director and CEO, Quick Heal Technologies said, “We are proud to have Sequoia Capital partner us in our quest to be a global market leader in computer security. While we continue to build on the strong platform in the domestic market, we will also look to expand our global network through organic and inorganic growth.”

Sanjay Katkar, Chief Technology Officer, Quick Heal Technologies said, “The Quick Heal brand is today synonymous with high quality computer security solutions for consumers and business owners. We will invest in strengthening our product portfolio to expand our product offerings to cater small, medium and large corporations.”

The investment transaction was facilitated by RippleWave Equity. RippleWave is the sole financial advisor to this transaction and helped bring Sequoia and Quick Heal together.

About Sequoia Capital
Sequoia Capital currently manages funds capitalized at close to US $1.8 billion and invests across venture, growth and late stage opportunities in India. It takes a long term view on investments and plays the role of an active, value added partner to entrepreneurs, business families and management teams. Over the last 9 years, Sequoia Capital has invested in more than 50 Indian companies including Café Coffee Day, Comviva (Bharti Telesoft), Dr Lal Pathlabs, Edelweiss, Firstsource, GVK Biosciences, Idea Cellular, Ind-Barath Power, Just Dial, Shaadi.com and SKS Microfinance. Sequoia Capital operates out of offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi.

Globally, Sequoia Capital has an unparalleled track record of partnering with entrepreneurs to create global market leaders. Sequoia Capital has been an early investor in companies such as Google, Cisco, Yahoo, YouTube, Oracle, and Apple Computers. Sequoia Capital maintains dedicated teams in the US, China, India and Israel.

For more information, kindly visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

About Quick Heal Technologies
Quick Heal Technologies is India’s leading provider of Internet Security tools and is a leader in Anti-Virus Technology in India. A privately held company, Quick Heal Technologies was founded in 1993 and has been actively involved in Research and Development of anti-virus software since then.

Quick Heal Technologies has established Quick Heal product family as industry benchmark for computer security. Serving millions of users worldwide, Quick Heal Technologies employs more than 350 people in eighteen branch offices and is headquartered at Pune, India. Quick Heal Technologies also operates through a network of dealers and channel partners in more than 50 countries worldwide.

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i read about this in the paper yesterday 😀 good 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the concept of green building?
Hello everybody, I have a UPS connected to my PC with this specs (INPUT 162-290VAC 50-60hz OUT:220VAC+-%10 50-60+-%1 transfer time 2-6ms battery 12V/7AH * 1) yet this seems very ineffective...
Best method & most common and useful method of concrete design
heyy guys ,, one end of my room connects college wi-fi and the other end won't ????? so this thought came to my mind !!!!! can we collect the net...
im planning to do a project in biometric attendance.. can anybdy give me some ideas to get me started??