Questions unanswered ???

1.Gas engine works on otto cycle ...true or false ??
2.Injection of fuel by external means is not required in mixed cycle...true or false ??
3.heat engine utilizes---low heat value of fuel or high heat value of fuel ??
4.A diesel engine is more efficient than a petrol engine ( running at rated load) ..true or false ??
5.for same power, cheaper system used is ---> supercharger or turbo charger ???
6.how does a opposed piston diesel engine looks like ??( i read that the combustion chamber in this engine is located between 2 pistons )
7.difference between pre ignition , auto ignition, detonation ?
8.detonation occurs due to ..??

please answer me guys...

--------Mech Rulez--------

Replies

• amanoverworked
    amanoverworked
    1. true
    4. true if both working at same maximum pressure and temperature, heat rejection should also be same

8. detonation occurs due to overcompression in petrol engine

don't know more, as i m a first year student .
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    1. true...
  • 4d1
    4d1
    dmanojkmr
    1.Gas engine works on otto cycle ...true or false ??
    2.Injection of fuel by external means is not required in mixed cycle...true or false ??
    3.heat engine utilizes---low heat value of fuel or high heat value of fuel ??
    4.A diesel engine is more efficient than a petrol engine ( running at rated load) ..true or false ??
    5.for same power, cheaper system used is ---> supercharger or turbo charger ???
    6.how does a opposed piston diesel engine looks like ??( i read that the combustion chamber in this engine is located between 2 pistons )
    7.difference between pre ignition , auto ignition, detonation ?
    8.detonation occurs due to ..??

please answer me guys...

--------Mech Rulez--------
    1. true //petrol/gasoline engines work on otto cycle

2. false //fuel injection nozzle is used

3. high heat value of fuel

4. true

5. turbocharger

6. the cylinders are double-ended, with a piston at each end and no cylinder head.

7. pre-ingition ::air/fuel mixture in the cylinder ignites before the spark plug fires. Pre-ignition is initiated by an ignition source other than the spark, such as hot spots in the combustion chamber, a spark plug that runs too hot for the application, or carbonaceous deposits in the combustion chamber heated to incandescence by previous engine combustion events.

auto-ignition temp. is the lowest temperature at which ignition occurs spontaneously in a normal atmosphere without an external source of ignition, such as a flame or spark.

detonation is engine knocking

8. detonation occurs when air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front,cylinder pressure increases,we get a metallic pinging sound
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    4d1
    8. detonation occurs when air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front,cylinder pressure increases,we get a metallic pinging sound
    Will this cause permanent damage to the engine?
  • 4d1
    4d1
    ash
    Will this cause permanent damage to the engine?
    Effects of engine knocking range from inconsequential to completely destructive.

*knocking is a common phenomenon in internal combustion engines
    *use of high octane fuel minimizes engine knocking to a certain level
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Your efforts are appreciated for answering the questions. However, refrain from using promotional signature @ CE.

-CB
  • Amit Krupal
    Amit Krupal
    Hi

I wanted to ask a few questions regarding the supercharger?

1) Why does it create heat?

2) how much heat does it create?

3) Is it dangerous to run stock compression on it?

4) If I were to install a thicker head gasket to lower compression, would size would it be and what compression ratio would be the best?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey I recently did a system restore on my windows xp pc. Now I can't open many of my files...mainly my WINRAR files. it displays the foll message : Cannot...
Entrepreneurship Cell IIT Kharagpur in its quest for promoting entrepreneurship across the country is launching its path breaking initiative: 10 days 10 cities Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive. E-Cell is a student...
The Economist’s Innovation Award for Energy and the Environment given to inventor of the point-contact solar cell, for pushing the boundaries in photovoltaic technologyCore Facts Come and meet the president...
please help me i need c/c++/matlab code for PIN BUSHED FLEXIBLE COUPLING PLEASE I NEED TO SUBMIT IT REAL SOON SO IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ME THE CODE OR ANY...
What are nano sensors ? What is the cost of it? How efficient is it when compared to other sensors?