Questions related to Glow Plug Module

Hi CEans you could have heard about the “GLOW PLUG MODULE”/”GLOW PLUG CONTROL MODULE” . It’s a device which looks similar to spark plug but GPM is widely used in diesel engines. I had also amused by the term plug which reminds me about the spark plug which helps in SI engines to start the combustion.This stirs the question that what is the purpose of a GPM In diesel engines. I found that it resembles spark plug in structure and working too.It helps the engine start especially in cold starts and works as follows:The current passing through GPM produces heat same as that in a toaster and helps to preheat and good diffusion of fuel. We all know the fact that FORD ECOSPORT used this GPM and ended in chaos.
800px-Glow_plug 800px-Glow_plug
1)What is the root problem of it and how to overcome it?

2)What is the necessity of GPM in compressively ignited engines?

3)How about its usage in direct injected CI engines and Indirect injected CI engines?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We know that there are many ignition systems widely used in automobile sector to improve the efficiency and timing but there is a necessity for analyzing the best and apt...
Why different companies use different firing order ? we know that firing order will be defined to the companies requirements.Whether it may be power or efficiency or sound.We know that...
Name: Don *Engineering Trade: Industrial Location: St. Louis, MO. USA *Occupation: (Working) at BIN (BIN95.com) an industrial training company. Work Experience: (industrial automation) *Hobbies & Interests: TDC and PLCs *Aim...
I have two memory cards with similar problems.The main problem is that my memory card cannot be accessed by through both phone and pc.But If I insert it in my...
WHY? (From most likely to least.) #1 Factor: Environment #2 Factor: Brand/Model #3 Factor: Electrical Design supporting PLC #4 Factor: PLC Management WHAT? (From most likely to least.) PLC output...