Questions on probability

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. In a lottery there are 35 tickets in all, 10 bearing prize numbers and 25 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]are blanks. A lady draws two tickets and random. What is the probability[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]that she will win no prize.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2. The letters of word CARDIO are rearranged Find the probability that in[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]the rearrangement, the three vowels are not all together.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]3. A die is rolled twice. Find the probability that the sum of numbers on the[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dice is divisible by 3 or 4. [/FONT]

Give the answers only
๐Ÿ˜ Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it

Replies

• whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    sherya mathur
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. In a lottery there are 35 tickets in all, 10 bearing prize numbers and 25 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]are blanks. A lady draws two tickets and random. What is the probability[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]that she will win no prize.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2. The letters of word CARDIO are rearranged Find the probability that in[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]the rearrangement, the three vowels are not all together.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]3. A die is rolled twice. Find the probability that the sum of numbers on the[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dice is divisible by 3 or 4. [/FONT]
    Ans.2.) 0.8 (4/5)

Ans.3.) 0.5 (5/9)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian IT major, Cognizant is promoting over 15,000 associates (below manager level) across its global campuses. Effective May 01, 2010 the employees have assumed their new roles. Its also being...
Q:Jan is baking. She needs 4 cups of sugar. Her problem is that she only has a 1/2 cup measure and a 3/4 cup measure. What is the least number...
hiiiii biggie i have a suggestion that we can view the common chat section in the forum page.when we switch into another page or if we don't scroll below to...
Hi guys, Let us discuss about some of the Interview questions based on C and C++. Here is my first question. 1) Can we pass arguments to main() in C....
Hi friends I would like to explore my knowledge on CIRCUIT,would you please give me some Books name. Thanks a lot.