Questions about ICE need to be answered ^_^

Hello every one, good morning / evening

I'm an Instrumentation and Control Engineering student , from Saudi Arabia. Actually,
ICE is not well known in my society, so I usually get lots of questions about my major.
What is about ? In which branch does it fit ? The problem is that I myself don't know
the answers. I'm in my 1st year and studying other majors courses such as Analogue
and Digital Electronics, PLC, Microprocessor, Electrical Machine, Industrial Control and
Computer control. Instrumentation and control and Instrumentation Engineering are
the two courses that is OUR courses.

Does that mean If you want to be great in your specializing of ICE you have to know
Automation , Control, Programing, Electronics and instrumentation very well ?

Does our major deals with measurement and control only ? To measure the pressure
and control the flow , is that how far we can get ?

What can a great Instrumentation Engineer can do ? Can he do a project to be paid
for millions ? Can he invent some thing that could change the world ? or get noble prize ?

I got excited and forgot that I'm new crazy ๐Ÿ˜. Happy to be one of you :smile:

Best wishes,

An Old Arabic Book !

โ€‹

Replies

• An Old Book
    An Old Book
    Replies: 0
    Views: 52

Disappointing !

>_<
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't be disappointed, friend ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm not an I&C engineer. However, there are few things I know for sure: -

What is about ? In which branch does it fit ?

Instrumentation Engineering is about the art & science of measurements & controls. Every Industry you can think of will require machines, instruments, measurements and control - and that means, Instrumentation engineering is one of the VERY important branches of engineering. This is a separate branch of engineering combines Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Design engineering and so on. Just like 'Electronics' is derived from Electrical to deal with lower values of current and voltages. There's no comparison as such.

I&C Engineers are responsible for system productivity, reliability, safety, optimization, and stability in any industry.

Does that mean If you want to be great in your specializing of ICE you have to know Automation , Control, Programing, Electronics and instrumentation very well ?
    Yep. But don't worry, it's not very difficult. In fact, I&C engineers get to study the best of all worlds! It's very interesting!

Does our major deals with measurement and control only ? To measure the pressure and control the flow , is that how far we can get ?
    Well, don't jump to conclusions right away. Read my first response above.

What can a great Instrumentation Engineer can do ? Can he do a project to be paid for millions ? Can he invent some thing that could change the world ? or get noble prize ?

An engineer is an engineer and what he can do is defined by the technical skills. The cell phone was invented by an electrical engineer and not by an 'Electronics & Communications' or 'Communications' engineer (by the way, do read our latest Small Talk!). What I'm trying to say is that you're a luck guy who'll get to study the best things from different engineering disciplines and implement them. For the 'Can he' questions, the answer is Yes. But I'm not going to tell you how. You'll have to figure it out on your own.

PS: Don't bother explaining it to people. They won't understand it anyway. It happens to me too. As an electrical engineer, people thought I was getting a degree to repair their refrigerators.
  • icehari
    icehari
    hai, old book...

I am an Instrumentation and control engineer, i can simply say ICE is a Hidden gold mine in the field of engineering. We are needed everywhere man, in every industry that is producing something right from a small needle to a very great dam across the river [โ€‹IMG]

Measurement and controllers are needed everywhere...
  • An Old Book
    An Old Book
    sorry for the late reply ..

actually I wrote a long one but the internet was disconnected just when I click (post quick reply)

I'm really thankful to you my friend, The big K, your reply helps me a lot !

Icehari, your blog was added to my favorite, thank you very much !

One last question, if I have any question related to analogue electronics which is one of our courses
    this semester, should I posted here or in electronic section ?

^_^

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India has declared that India will witness MNP implementation from November 01, 2010. There are few reports on the Internet that the actual implementation won't...
Small Talk Link: Martin Cooper โ€“ The Father of Mobile Phone - CrazyEngineers Discuss in this thread.
i am 2010 btech passout.. its been 4 months i am sitting home after completing btech and looking for walkins etc.. appeared for hcl cleared two round but missed in...
can anyone please tell what is torrent, what r torrent sides, and how to use u torrent software???
It's CEan ITCHAP's birthday! Many Many Happy Returns of the day ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐ŸŽ‰