Question about salary in companies...

Sorry, i didnt know what title i had to give for this.

Im from India and whenever a job advertisement comes, there will be section of Pay scales where they give us information about salary offered in that company. but in some ads they put like this...

Asst. Engineer :
Rs.8835-250-9085-300-10585-350-12335- 400-14735- 450-17435-500-19935

Junior Engineer :
Rs.6685-225-7585-250-9085-300-10585-350-12335-400-14735-450-17435-500-18435

What does this mean? i tried to understand it but its confusing. How much is the salary in it? and why do they give information like this?
Anyone knows about this?

TIA ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best I can figure out is that the first number is 'basic salary', then some x component, then y component (like HRA, whatever!).

Have you tried contacting the advertisers? That's the best thing to do.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    With the best of my knowledge the figures represents pay scale wherein first figure is basic salary and second is annual increment.๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think the first amount given is the basic and the last amount is the gross.

Considering all the amounts in between may be they are few additional payments as biggie said.
  • Maiya
    Maiya
    Oh, ok. You mean to say the first figure is basic salary, and the rest are allowances, like dearness allowance, pension etc...?
    I cant contact the company as they are not responsive. ๐Ÿ˜›

So i get 8000rs to hand and other will go as allowances, but i will be getting 19000 per month right?

And Mona, i dont think the increment stops at 19000, so i dont think its the increment. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for replying guys!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You better be careful before joining this company. Verify with other sources before you decide joining them.

Typically no company will advertise their payscale ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Maiya
    Maiya
    lol, ok sir! thanks for suggestions! and also thanks all who replied ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    NO Biggie , If its a Government company it announces in the similar fashion.

So if its a Govt company its not a problem to join, but if a private one then go with what biggie said.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    NO Biggie , If its a Government company it announces in the similar fashion.

So if its a Govt company its not a problem to join, but if a private one then go with what biggie said.
    Oh, I see. Looks like the government is being more transparent ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Keep us updated, Maiya.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From front side From back side Pardon me if my photography is too bad
To Whom It May Concern, Plate type Heat Exchangers Full Service/Overhaul For a full service/overhaul of the plate type heat exchanger unit (chilled water to cooling water), is it recommended...
I am facing a problem in php script ...this script is used to upload a file in server Please help me ..here is the script File Upload Form...
Hey Biggie, It would be great if you could get Criss Messina on CE. I just read a piece on RWW, you can find it here.
can you help me out in giving new ideas for doing mini project in mechanical field