Question about 8051?

May i know what is a control word in a small program in 8051?
for example, WHAT IS A CONTROL WORD IN ADDING TO 8 BIT NUMBERS?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i believe it is "add"
    see in text books buddy its difficult to say all the command words
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    narayana murthy
    i believe it is "add"
    see in text books buddy its difficult to say all the command words
    NM i think ADD is Instruction not sure that that is also known as CONTROL WORD
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    godfather
    but in my micro controller class we write the program as using add command
    is it wrong if please specify gf
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    godfather
    ya add is an instruction, not a control word.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Varsha0802
    ya add is an instruction, not a control word.
    then what is control word and what do you mean by control word here
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    narayana murthy
    then what is control word and what do you mean by control word here
    Control word is a word stored in a register (control register) used to control the operation of a program digital device. It's associated with devices like usart, pit, etc. I don't know what's the meaning of control word related to ADD instruction.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Varsha0802
    Control word is a word stored in a register (control register) used to control the operation of a program digital device. It's associated with devices like usart, pit, etc. I don't know what's the meaning of control word related to ADD instruction.
    Good Job Varsha.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its good to be among people with like minds. The Engineers.
President Obama and his team have taken steps to ensure that the top engineering talent remains in USA and does not move back to their hometowns. The USA Startup aims...
evoMouse is a tiny bluetooth, USB enabled devices that users infrared sensors to create a virtual mouse or full QWERTY keyboard on a flat surface. Check out an interesting video...
I've been receiving lot of internship related queries from Mechanical Engineering students via email. I'm not at all aware of any companies that offer summer internships or trainings to mechanical...
May I ask all our student CEans to post their exam schedule? 😕 Tell us the university name as well.