Query regarding GET profile in a company like L&T

I've done my B.Tech Electronics & Telecom (E&TC) from Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune.
Currently I'm looking for a job.
Somebody suggested me to go for the GET profile in the L&T company as they require GET's for production work.
For this they are looking for B.Tech candidates only from either Civil or E&TC.

But, my query is that I have no clue what is the job/work of a GET and what kind of work will I have to do if I get selected. I mean in a production profile what will the role of an E&TC person like me will be?

Please share your thoughts.
And help me to clear this doubt.

Thanking you all.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# The work could be related to anything right from Construction Management to Project management and Manufacturing engineering to Technical services.
    I believe GET is a term associated with freshers for ANY company. Be it Infosys or Tata Tech or Cogni or Wipro or L&T.

They provide GETs with 2-3 months of training and depending on the project requirement, map you into different projects.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On Sunday, Google's Sundar Pichai, Senior VP of Google Apps, Google Chrome and Android announced during a panel discussion at the SXSW at Austin, Texas that Google will be releasing...
Dear CEans, We are proud to announce our brand new logo - that'd soon make it to your lives and penetrate deep in your heart & brain. You might have...
Nokia X has officially arrived in India. Priced at Rs. 8,599 - the phone offers all the basic features that are expected from mid-budget Android smartphones. Nokia X's two elder...
Say hello to the Archival Disc - a new optical disc format that promises long term data storage. A single archival disc (AD) will store about 300GB to 1TB of...
A team of researchers from Microsoft has come up with a new technology called 'SurroundWeb' that lets you convert your entire room into a display that can be interacted with....