Query about TubeLight

hey i have a tubelight with a choke coil and a starter in my house n i know a little bit about its working but in my college tubelights are without a starter and they dont blink b4 stating they start at once.
i want to know that how do they work and can a tubelight run on DC.?????????

Replies

• nitin_sharma
    nitin_sharma
    Re: querry about tubelight

hii..
    there are so many types of the tublights in the market.....
    the tublights about you are talking...they consists an in-built choke coils and starter.
    starter is use to increse starting current , it require for tube lite
    for initial. capacitor is also
    connected for improveing power factor.
    as it's inbuilt..it can work little bit efficiently than outside...
  • nitin_sharma
    nitin_sharma

for more details contect to electrical department of our college..
  • lal
    lal

Lol its simply because, the one at your college uses electronic choke. But the one at your home is not that.
  • inspiring
    inspiring

hi u can operate ur tubelite on dc but it does not have a long life as make ur false tubelite on having one side damage and other side ok. in dc there is no need of choke coil or starter.
  • inspiring
    inspiring

And about blink property the tubelight in your college is working on the cfl property that is there is no magnetic choke coil it has electronic choke coil and principle is of getting on high frequency as on high freq there is breakdown in capacitive circuit.
  • rasu3045
    rasu3045
    Your college side using Electronic choke which is not need for starter.It is a bit expensive than normal choke and reliability is very good and compact also
  • lal
    lal
    Electronic choke gives better value for money you pay. The tube light life increases and wastage of electricity is lesser.
  • harshul.lath
    harshul.lath
    thanks a lot frnds ur answers are a great help to me
  • tdave
    tdave
    rasu3045
    Your college side using Electronic choke which is not need for starter.It is a bit expensive than normal choke and reliability is very good and compact also
    lal
    Electronic choke gives better value for money you pay. The tube light life increases and wastage of electricity is lesser.
    These two points make clear point that "Electronic choke" type tube light is my fist choice.Value for money huh?
  • halkhata987
    halkhata987
    I have had to re-arrange my workshop since moving house and now I need to buy a Work Light for my second bench.
    I haven't been able to find anything on the Net that would be suitable.

What I'm after is a round flourescent light on a movable arm that I can attach to the back of my bench.

Any suggestions as to where I may be able to buy one (preferably in Australia).
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    An update on the tube with electric choke!

I have recently bought 2 tubes of 28W of electric chokes , it is value for money but the amount of light you get compared to conventional tubes is less!

Sellers claim that 40W conventional bulb has the same capacity of 28W Electric choke tubes but it isnt true!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Some times there are some pages that web crawlers are not allowed to crawl but you can view those pages Every web server has a file named robots.txt stored that...
i want to do a project on automatic door opening system in the coming 3 month and i want some advice
I know few people who think engineering can be compressed into two year course and people who think it should be minimum 5 years. What's your opinion and why?
installing linux over vista in dell .linux is start but for vista message is boot mng missing ctrl+alt+del restart.i want to know about this?
I want to know 1)Which is the most demanding (in India or abroad)among embedded,vlsi & dsp? 2)which subjects i should brush up with for these fields? 3)apart frm these &...