Quenching Cooling Curves -> Heat Treat Coefficients?

Our goal is to come up with a table/graph showing the approximate heat transfer coefficients (HTC) of AISI 52100 steel in Chevron Quenching Oil 70 or E.F. Houghton Quench-G. We do have our own calculated cooling curves but am unsure if we can use them to find approximate HTCs...

Are there any online databases where the HTCs for various materials can be found? Can the cooling curves be used to find HTCs? Are there any simple methods that can be used to test for the HTCs ourselves?

Thanks alot for your help.

Replies

• Pisolino
    Pisolino
    I used the Biot Number to calculate Heat exchange coefficient (HEC) from quenching media (oil) to material surface just doing a little test : 1 termocouple on the surface of the steel object exposed to the quenching media. You only need the surface temperature (Ts) function of the time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have seen that some word verifications will appears while signing up in to accounts or while messaging. The text code appears will be very simple and easy to understand....
I will b doing btech in computer science. i just wanted to know if knowledge of visual basic is going to help? i studied oracle and visual basic in +2....
i am started making route reservation in internetworks i got the codes from net.........i execute that but Non reservation is not working.......and reservation based data transfer frame is working first...
Respeced Sir, i want to do some computer application program in mining industry in my m. tech project. if you have any idea please share with me. thank you.
Here are some tips on square and square roots that will help you in solving the quants section in GRE. The numbers ending with 2, 3, 7, 8 can never...