Quantitative aptitude 6

The original price of an article was reduced by 25 percent. During a special sale the new price was decreased by 10 percent. By approximately what percent would the price now have to be increased in order to restore the price of the article to its original amount?

A) 32.5 % B) 35 % C) 48 % D) 65 % E) 67.5 %

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    32.5%
    is the answer correct?
  • deepak.saini18
    deepak.saini18
    MONA
    The original price of an article was reduced by 25 percent. During a special sale the new price was decreased by 10 percent. By approximately what percent would the price now have to be increased in order to restore the price of the article to its original amount?

A) 32.5 % B) 35 % C) 48 % D) 65 % E) 67.5 %

Hey MONA I think the answer is c i.e 48%
    Correct me if I'm wrong
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i think it is 48
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    The answer is c
  • mathbyvemuri
    mathbyvemuri
    consider 100 as the original price.
    reduced by 25% => new price = 100-25 = 75
    further reduced by 10% => final price = 75 - (10% of 75) = 75-7.5 = 67.5
    now raising 67.5 to the original price 100, we need 100-67.5 up over 67.5
    => 32.5/67.5
    approximation: double of 32.5 is 65, which is slight less than the denominator 67 here.
    so the answer is little less than 50%. Nearest option is "C"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans! Seems like Sikorsky has designed a prototype helicopter called X2 that can fly more than 400 kph 😀 Click for article Anyone remember watching Airwolf on TV? That...
Consider the following moving cam (rotating round bit) with follower (straight rod): The follower is of fixed length and is attached to a fixed point on the rotating cam while...
Hi folks.This is a show for automotive guns.So if your are interested then just join the party. For more information :: AUTOCAR PERFORMANCE SHOW 2010 ::.
Hey guys out there.This is the wonderful oppurtunity for those who are top designers.Sorry to say that today is last date for registration. so hurry :: DESIGN THE NEXT CHEVROLET...
pls give us difference between Vaccum Circuit breaker and SF6 CB, which is more reliable, better in operation and cost effective ?