Quant problems for Revised GRE pattern

These are some problems from the Maths review doc provided by ETS. Can somebody provide the solutions??

Q 1. When the positive integer n is divided by 3, the remainder is 2 and when n is divided by 5, the remainder is 1. What is the least possible value of n?

Q 2. Two cars started from the same point and traveled on a straight course in opposite directions for exactly 2 hours, at which time they were 208 miles apart. If one car traveled, on average, 8 miles per hour faster than the other car, what was the average speed of each car for the 2-hour trip?

Q 3. A group can charter a particular aircraft at a fixed total cost. If 36 people charter the aircraft rather than 40 people, then the cost per person is greater by $12.
(a) What is the fixed total cost to charter the aircraft?
(b) What is the cost per person if 40 people charter the aircraft?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    1.29?
    2.Speed of slower car x=48,speed of faster car=x+8=56.
    3.$108,$120?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think all the 3 answers by Praveena are correct. ๐Ÿ‘
  • gretaker
    gretaker
    1. Ans is 11
    The other two are correct ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Gretaker : How?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    When you write the first question in equations format, you get:

3x+2 = N
    5y + 1 = N

Solving these equations you get: 5y-3x = 1.
    The least possible is y = 2 and x = 3 so n = 11.
  • gretaker
    gretaker
    Exactly. You have to check for the least possible values.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    1. 11
    2. 52miles/hr average
    3. $4800 for 40 people

Praveena's answers are correct.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Department of Telecomm, (DOT), has blocked the following websites from Access in INDIA due to piracy issues. 01. Megaupload.com 02. Mediafire.com 03. Megavideo.com 04. VideoBB.com 05. Novamov.com 06. Movshare.net...
Want to know different branches or options in computer science engineering.?๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” means like various options in this field like animation , programming , web designing etc. Thanx in advance for...
My house is 42 years old and the foundation walls are failing, the basement floors are cracking, the living room is sloping. I definitely need to find a solution fast....
I have plain boring cracked concrete around my pool and I am looking to spruce it up a bit. When stamped concrete is done, is it a treatment that is...
Google is going bullish on their newly launched Google Plus service. As a result, they're making lot of changes to their existing products. Once such product, Google Toolbar for Firefox...