CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberOct 3, 2011

Yes and no. For the first thing my friend who has given IELTS and went to England asked me about my final year project. I explained him about my electric bicycle.
    The question he asked me was, "Is your bicycle made up of carbon fiber?" 😐

This is only yesterday's experience. Anyone can judge the level of education imparted in any BHARTIAN university and a foreign university. Look at the facilities.
    As a voice author I come across various university press releases like MIT where research is done and published almost everyday. Can't we do it? The same is not the case with IITs or IISc.

The question is not only of IITs but I am having a deep feeling that we have the power to raise up Universities like Nalanda and Taxashila. We should aim high and bring back Gurukul education system which will focus on research and development.

The University should also focus on giving moral education which is limited today only to one class every week that too in primary schooling. The class is not even engaged. Isn't this situation appalling?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberOct 3, 2011

Issue
    Look at the facilities. As a voice author I come across various university press releases like MIT where research is done and published almost everyday. Can't we do it? The same is not the case with IITs or IISc.
    MIT as an institution may have frequent output. However, the people involved are different. In India unfortunately an institution is started by a visionary, who is a decicated worker. Usually in the forties. He gets together a band of likeminded souls, who all pull together. A lot of work gets done. After twenty to twenty five years this band of people with vision are all retired and gone. The new lot are usually career workers. Gradually or rapidly the institute gets calcified and becomes one more mausoleum of science.

There is no system to ensure continuing excellence.
    Cancel
  • born_star16

MemberOct 4, 2011

Might be the affect of reservation quota. 😁
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberOct 4, 2011

bioramani
    MIT as an institution may have frequent output. However, the people involved are different. In India unfortunately an institution is started by a visionary, who is a decicated worker. Usually in the forties. He gets together a band of likeminded souls, who all pull together. A lot of work gets done. After twenty to twenty five years this band of people with vision are all retired and gone. The new lot are usually career workers. Gradually or rapidly the institute gets calcified and becomes one more mausoleum of science.

There is no system to ensure continuing excellence.
    There is actually a solution for this problem. A visionary who starts it should make it a point that the 'profit' of that institution is based on what it does.

For example whoever made BCCI (a cricket association) might had a vision that it should be Indian team No. 1, so he coupled BBCI with with wealth. Today even if a professional who joins BCCI works for getting profit for that organization, he strives to make Team India no. 1.

So if that visionary can couple money with the objective so that it does not hamper the basic objective of that educational institution, the educational institution can be success.

In another instance (an educational one), I have heard that all IITs are setting up a common web portal for research. In other words they are combining money with research so that any person/ student can get all information from one IIT even if he studies in any other IIT.

The concept is difficult but can be applied with a high degree of success.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register