QTP Scripting Doubts - III

Guys,

This article is for PDF automation.

I dont have any idea how to automate the PDF document.

So Guys please give the information of the required software for automating this !!

I will post my findings and code in a week time.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Try creating a PDF object, and use the methods:
    Example:

Option Explicit
    Dim gApp, gPDDoc, jso
    Set gApp = CreateObject( "AcroExch.App" )
    Set gPDDoc = CreateObject( "AcroExch.PDDoc" )
    If gPDDoc.Open( "D:\Doc\AutomatedTesting.pdf" ) Then
    Msgbox gPDDoc.GetNumPages
    End If
    Set gPDDoc = Nothing
    Set gApp = Nothing

Make sure that Adobe reader is installed on ths system for this type of the testing.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    oh! Thanks CB for the info..

So we need to install Adobe Product for automating it, thanks !!

I will post my experiences with it shorty , since i have to install the software and then try my hands on that.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If you do not have adobe acrobat you will be getting a Run Error "ActiveX Component cannot create object: 'AcroExch.App' "

For the use of the posted sample you must have an installation of Adobe Acrobat (I guess latest version is 9.x). The sample will not work with Adobe Reader.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Exactly i am facing the issue 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to study computer networks and network security and also wireless networks but i do not want to get into the electronics aspect of the subject...also i want to...
Hi Guys, Basically there are two types web of programming languages 1. Conventional programming languages like JAVA, C#, VB.NET etc... 2. Scripting languages like PHP, Ruby, Python etc... Scripting languages...
sir i have done a course on ccna just now...now i m looking forward to make a project on my learning..that can be shown in my colg.i m looking forward...
Now the topic is weird or is it? I remember when I was in final year of engineering, one of the professors had asked folks in our class to talk...
1) Which is the world’s first credit card? A) American Express B) Visa C) Mastercard D) Diners Club Card 2) What do you call a person who is one hundred...