QTP - Scripting doubts II

I am using QTP for the automation of a desktop application. This desktop is developed using .NET and is also using third party tool (NetAdvantage). These third party objects (infragistics objects) are identifiable using a QTP add-in TestAdvantage.

TestAdvantage works fine for the infragistics windows objects. However in my case, application is rendering (calling) few web pages in desktop application using embedded browser and had used the same infragistic objects for those screes. Now problem is TestAdvantage supports only infragistics windows objects and I have infragistics web objects. How to identify them and work on them...

Any idea / suggestions. Am I sounding too alien... please write back.

-CB

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    No Idea buddy.

I searched few forums and asked few of my friends.. none worked on it..

If you find some solution post it such that it would be a learning to me as well.
  • Mihajlo Tom
    Mihajlo Tom
    You can do it in any programming language. But the problem is that you need to find out the protocol to communicate with the server of the other end. Currently i am also working on similar project where i get XML information from Forex to analyze.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Could you please explain it a bit more, so that i can kick start my work in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need help in design procedure for cyclo drive!!! all the books have design procedure for helical, spur,...etc/... but for cyclo drive is not given!!!😔
CE-Hall Of Fame: Project Ideas|Seminar Topics Hello friends, Here is your one stop if you are searching for project ideas and seminar topics. here I'm going to post all the...
[FONT="]Open a command prompt window and leave it open.[/FONT] [FONT="]Close all open programs.[/FONT] [FONT="]Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE[/FONT] [FONT="]Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe.[/FONT] [FONT="]Leave...
Guys, This article is for PDF automation. I dont have any idea how to automate the PDF document. So Guys please give the information of the required software for automating...
i want to study computer networks and network security and also wireless networks but i do not want to get into the electronics aspect of the subject...also i want to...