QC vers TD???

Can someone explain difference between "Mercury Quality Center" and "Test Director"???

Please give some technical or design differences.......!
Thanks.....!!

What i know is :-
  • Quality Center (QC) is next Version of Test Director (TD), one can say.
  • The main purpose behind development of Quality center was performance enhancement.
  • Test Director was slower one due to heavy image formats used for it.
  • QC has additional reporting (Reports & Graphs) Features as compared to TD.
  • Major advantage of QC over TD is in management of automated test cases and its compatibility with Quick test Pro(QTP).(I have never used this feature but get info from automation expert.)
  • Dashboard is the additional feature which costs sperately and is customized as per the client specific requirements.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Couple of difference I could find out from the Web-

QC has a choice of 3 platforms, TD has one (Windows)
    QC Has a choice of 3 Application Servers, TD only one, (JBoss)
    QC works with 5 Web Servers, TD only 2
    QC can use 3 different databases, TD only one type (MSDE)
    QC can be clustered, TD can not.
    QC supports BPT, TD does not.

Looks to me that the differences are about the underlying technology.
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Alright thank you.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Couple of difference I could find out from the Web-

QC has a choice of 3 platforms, TD has one (Windows)
    QC Has a choice of 3 Application Servers, TD only one, (JBoss)
    QC works with 5 Web Servers, TD only 2
    QC can use 3 different databases, TD only one type (MSDE)
    QC can be clustered, TD can not.
    QC supports BPT, TD does not.

Looks to me that the differences are about the underlying technology.
    OTA (Open Test Architect) enables QC to use the already created QTP Framework. Using OTA QC expose its API's which we can use to customize the reports and suites.

@ Biggi - I guess we need separate licence for BPT to use in QC, Correct me if I am wrong.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it necessary for eee student to do a matlab course for placement in core sector?? if yes then tell me sugesstion
IIM C is providing Executive MBA Program from Young Professionals. Duration of the course is 1 year , fee approx 1.2 laks. So the person attending this course should attend...
hai all, i am doing a project based on MOC70PX - PHOTOTRANSISTOR OPTICAL INTERRUPTER SWITCH for that i need to know the operation of the device... my circiut is like...
Construction workers shun personal protective equipment (PPE) due to lack of style Only 30 per cent of health and safety managers think that essential protective equipment is always worn on...
#include #include void main() { int i,j,a[3][3],b[3][3],ch,c[3][3]; printf("\n enter the elements of first matrix: "); for(i=0;i<3;i++) { for(j=0;j<3;j++) { scanf("%d",&a[j]); printf("\t%d",a[j]); } printf("\n"); } printf("\n enter the elements for the...