Q-u-i-c-k . Q-u-i-z

Match each word in the first column with its meaning in the second column.

1. provincial-------------a. commonly accepted
2. provisional------------b. nearness
3. proximity-------------c. narrow in outlook
4. prudent--------------d. rumored
5. purported------------e. careful
6. putative-------------f. conditional

Replies

• Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    Re: Q-u-i-c-k . Q-u-i-z . A-N-S-W-E-R-S

provincial-- limited in outlook to one's own small corner of the world, narrow

Use-- New Yorkers have reputations for being very sophisticated and cosmopolitan, but most of them are actually very provincial ; they act as though nothing of interest had ever happened on the other side of the Hudson River.

provisional-- conditional; temporary; tentative

He had been accepted as provisional member of the club, He wouldn't become a permanent member until the other members had had a chance to see what he was really like.

proximity-- nearness

I can't stand being in the proximity of a nuclear explosion.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    Re: Q-u-i-c-k . Q-u-i-z . A-N-S-W-E-R-S

prudent-- careful; having foresight

My father is a prudent money manager.

purported-- rumored; claimed

The heiress is purported to have been kidnaped by adventurers .

putative-- commonly accepted; supposed; reputed

The putative reason for placing the monunent downtown is that novody had wanted it uptown.
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    thx a lot mona!
    i really appretiate it 😀!

btw guys, i just got an info that we should check out "barron's word list" before we go for GRE test,
    coz the words which appear in GRE exams, are 90% from this barron's word list!!

so google it and download the list, and check it out!
    😎

Have fun!
    😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. What are two types of quantization errors? 2. If the variation of the message signal is less than the stepsize what happens to the output signal. 3. If the...
Friends ,i have been doing Electronics and Communication Engineering,3rd year and now in my college a they arranged National Intercollege "MY IDEA" program where students can join and submit their...
Is it practical if I prepare for CAT exam in 6 months time.. ie. I've all the 6 months for myself..?? Is it possible to crack it ??
hello friend's i have a question that have many answer you have to chose one. Ok let you are driving a car from Nalanda to Delhi at a speed of...
We published following posts on VoiCE during last two weeks:- Metamorphosis Part II: Change Is Inevitable, Whether You Like It Or Not Cupidtino: Now You Can Date An Apple Fanboy...