q point and load line analysis

what is q point and load line analysis. both r being used frequently in analog n confuses m.. why r they being used n its importance....

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Q point is also known as Quiescent point or bias point which means "inactive".It is point on dc load line that represents Idc (dc current) through transistor & Vdc(Voltage) across it when no ac is applied.

In any transistor configuration (CE,CC or CB) whenever Kirchhoff's law is applied to given configuration of circuit & taking the load current into consideration the equation which will be obtained will be of pattern of straight line i.e. y=mx+c,this straight line represents load line.There are two types of load lines :ac load line & dc load line.According to slope obtained it is characterized.-1/Rc(dc load line - no ac signal i/p) & -1/Rc||RL(ac loadline).
    The position of Q point on loadline depends on its application.For eg:Q point will be in active region in Amplifiers.The shape of o/p in amplifiers depends upon q point's position.

Well I dunno how to explain this huge theory in forum though i tried my best. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nanotechnology is becoming the famous day by day and everyone wants to know more about it. RTNA-2013 is a hi-tech Academic Congregation where the latest theoretical and technological advances on...
I want to know which discipline of engineering among computer & mechanical is better to study and has a better future prospects & scope. Would appreciate responses from engineers here.
PLEASE SUGGEST ME..RELATED TO CIVIL ENGINEERING, WHICH ADDITIONAL COURSE CAN I CHOOSE THAT IS USEFUL FOR CIVIL?
HI...MY COUSIN HAS FINISHED BCA IN 6 MONTHS AGO.BUT SHE IS NOT GETTING JOB TILL NOW..SHE GOT EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILL AND ALSO GOT 80%. SO THAT, SEND SOME INFORMATION TO...
Hi all, I was wondering in morning as to why we don't organize competitions and such stuffs. I would like to ask fellow CEans if they can suggest some things...