Python script to detect new CE grand quiz question

While waiting for today's CE grand quiz question - reloading, and reloading - I wrote a python script to automate the process 😉

Here is it:

[COLOR=#808080]#!/usr/bin/env python

# Check for new CE Grand Quiz question
# Author: Rahul Anand  | Homepage: https://eternalthinker.blogspot.com/[/COLOR]

import urllib2, urllib, re, time, os

qnum = raw_input("Enter the upcoming question's number: ")

while(True):
        if re.search("""Grand Quiz Question #"""+qnum, urllib2.urlopen('https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-quiz-puzzles-mathematics/').read())!= None:               
                os.system("[COLOR=#008000]D:\installed\Xion\Xion.exe[/COLOR]")
                break
        time.sleep([COLOR=#008000]10[/COLOR])   
Run the code, enter the question number you are waiting for, and when the question appears, the script performs an alerting action.

Note the parts in green:
-------------------------
* The second one is the number of seconds between subsequent checks for the CE page
* The first one is a system command which you can use to perform an alerting action
(Here I gave the command to run my Xion music player, which will start playing the song the moment it opens. Works as a pretty good alert!)
Change it with your own values

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    CRAZy
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Wow!! Fantastic!

Thanks 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi members, what is need of # in header files like #include?
Hello, I am currently working on a project and I am having issues finding a gearbox for my engineering project. I have searched several sources like eBay and I have...
I have been using a DELL PC for quite sometime now. However I am seeing certain drawbacks. For one thing, I cannot go anywhere taking it. So I am thinking...
The Question was: Year was 1963. 4 youngsters had booked some rooms in a hotel. The group consisted of 2 girls : Nancy and Drew and 2 boys : Jim...
I want to perform automatic update on multiple servers automatically as soon as i commit changes on my code More specifically I have multiple instances of my code and i...