Python or C ?

So,
Today me with my some friends were discussing which language a "noob" in coding should learn first ? Python or C ?
Python is super high language + OOP, while C is high level & not OOP.
I have heard from many that Python is easy so it must be taught first ... My question is if u dont have basic knowledge of structured programming then how can they understand OOP level concepts.

Whats your views on this, Friends ??
If you are given choice in selecting C or Python at first , which would you choose & why ??

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#

you may find the answers for the question here.. well, its about c++
    but it has a small discussion, which will clarify everything
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ^ thread has all the relevant answers. From what I've found out is that the languages as mere keywords and most of the times; they follow similar patterns. Of course structured programming approach is very different from Object Oriented Programming. But if you spend some time getting the 'concepts' (which isn't a big thing) you will figure out that the most challenging part in learning any language is the 'logic'.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Troll_So_Hard
    So,
    Python is super high language + OOP, while C is high level & not OOP.
    I have heard from many that Python is easy so it must be taught first ... My question is if u dont have basic knowledge of structured programming then how can they understand OOP level concepts.
    Python is an object-oriented language, but it's not fully object-oriented. In the sense that, Python is more similar to C++ than it is to Java, which is completely object-oriented. What I mean is that, you can use Python without creating classes and objects. You can learn structured programming in Python, and once you are comfortable with it, you can move on to objects. It's just like starting with C++ without learning C. It'll be just as easy, and there won't be any difference in the long run.

And these days, I am indeed starting to feel that Python might prove to be a better language to start learning programming, than C or C++. You see, Python is more closer to the natural language that we use, than C. Loops and list comprehensions are written very similar to how we write them in plain English, and Python is definitely a lot more readable than C. So, it might not be a bad idea to start with Python.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Checkout this link friends its awesome -- https://pastehtml.com/view/c6k8bn4pe.html Do you think steps like this would do anything better in fighting the system ? But whatever it is .. I still...
i need a latest topics on image processing , as i am doing my be in interior area i am unable to collect information about projects and ideas.i need the...
how pressure energy is converted into kinetic energy???
guys u can view all about your protocol just type this in command propt "ipconfig/all"
friends.. i am a final year B.E.(Comp. Sci.) student.. i need ua help to get me some crazy ideas for my final year project.. 😀