Python Error: ImportError: No module named gtk

Will someone help me to get rid out of this problem in python programming in ubuntu 10.04?
I got this error:
ImportError: No module named gtk

I tried to fix the problem by googling different sites but couldnot solve it.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    It seems you are trying to import a module named gtk and python cannot find that module.

Make sure that whatever modules and libraries you are using in your program are actually available, and that Python is able to fine them.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    And wen I searched for python modules containing gtk, this is the list I came up with,

#-Link-Snipped-#

I think the library you're trying to use in your program is pyGTK, and not just gtk. (pyGTK is a library used to create GUI's easily in Python.)
  • hardwaresoftware
    hardwaresoftware
    thanks for ur response..will u tell me something about same importing module error in wx instead of gtk
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    hardwaresoftware
    thanks for ur response..will u tell me something about same importing module error in wx instead of gtk
    you need to download now wx module
    This will help you out : How to install wxPython - wxPyWiki

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First i will explain what an EDC is. it stands for Entrepreneurship Development Cell. i don't know whether it is present in other engineering colleges, but it sure is there...
Hi all, I am software enginer and work on php platform and asp programming lauguage. This is my first post in this forum 😀
Hello, I am rajik - an electrical engineer from Delhi. I want to know why the induction motor is asynchronous motor? Can someone share a reason.
Hi, I am planning for an IT Startup. I am from a computer science background and have experience working in fortune500 IT companies. After proper analysis of my position, i...
hello.!!!i am a graduating student now in computer engineering and having trouble deciding on what project should i propose to make.,,,can you give me an idea.,,plzzzzzzzzzzzzz😭 tnx much😀