Puzzle of the Day - Coin Puzzle

There are two persons Ajay and Atul. Both have many coins of same shape and size. There is a square shaped table on which they are playing a game of placing the coin one by one.
Rules of the game are:-
1. No coin can be placed out of that table.
2. No one can place the coin over the other coin.
3. They both are placing the coins one by one. They have to place 1 coin when it is their chance.

Question - If 'Ajay' starts the game, then who will win ?

Read the following guidelines for more information.

1. Dimensions of neither table nor coins are given.

2. Both 'Ajay' and 'Atul' will apply their own logics to win this game.

It is not at all a tough puzzle. Think harder and you will definitely solve it. Just a simple logic is required to solve this.

Best Of Luck !!

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    No one is ready to solve this simple puzzle .😉
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Frooty
    Good one frooty. May be we do not want to be looked stupid while answering. But I will give it a shot! "What exactly you mean by winning?" one who is left with no coin or one who is left with little coins? because they might even not have same number of coins. " So according to me nobody wins, 'cause what is winning is not defined.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Frooty
    RD's analysis is correct. Too many variables. Either can win.
    However, if it is given that there is a unique solution, which is not a play on words, then the table must be a square with sides smaller than twice the size of the coin and larger than one coin. This means that only one coin can be placed on the table. This means that the first one to start wins.
  • vipandeep
    vipandeep
    either Ajay winds or they tie.
    If the winner is considered with max coins on table?
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    @bioramani : you are correct. As mentioned in question If 'Ajay' starts the game, then he will win the game.

Can anybody explain any other logic?

@RD : what exactly you mean by winning - one who is left with no coin will win.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    A man with n keys wants to open a lock.He tries his keys at random. The expected number of attempts for his success is???
    keys are replaced after every attempt
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If Ajay start the game and place the first coin in center, Ajay will win.
    Otherwise its unpredictable.
    logic, after placing the coin at the center then there is only even coin will be places around it . That mean there is always a room for Ajay to place the coin after Atul will place the coin.
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    aarthivg
    A man with n keys wants to open a lock.He tries his keys at random. The expected number of attempts for his success is???
    The attempts will be n times . . . #-Link-Snipped-# you have only told me . .
  • Jyothi Jo
    Jyothi Jo
    Using the logic of uneven spacing between the coins can make any one of them win the game
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    aarthivg
    If he just use the key that can open the lock by accident, then the attempts will be one. If not, it will be any attempts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ohm says i=v/r but at some condition current increases then voltage decreases how is that?
ACIT takes to you a networking training institute that provides variety of Cisco related certifications. ACIT provides the most excellent education in the field of Networking and Security associated solutions....
I am a student doing BE(ECE) Final year.I am in the urge of preparing a good professional resume.Can anyone help me out with sample resumes or templates.I am a fresher.Kindly...
I want to know something about my course.It's called "information systems engineering". this is my curriculum for 4 years. Here is my question.Has my course got another name? because i...
I am looking for SAE 1018 specification. Could any body post the sames Thanks in advance