2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

PulseJet Designing

Question asked by arjunoids in #Coffee Room on Jul 21, 2009
arjunoids
arjunoids · Jul 21, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
Hello everyone,
i'm a student of mechanical engineering in pre-final year.
me and my friends have decided to make a project on valved pulse-jet.
evenhough i got a lot of info from the internet, we interested in changing the design of the pulse-jet engine. can you please suggest some new ideas to improve the design? Posted in: #Coffee Room
Aashish Joshi
Aashish Joshi · Jul 21, 2009
Rank B1 - LEADER
Do you have any design changes in mind?? What exactly do you want to change?? Have you prepared a problem statement. I strongly suggest you sit down with your project partners and draft a problem statement, listing the proposed changes and the constraints you will be working within.
arjunoids
arjunoids · Aug 7, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
v r actually interested in changing the design of the valve (those thin plates which act as valves). normally they 'll break at center. so, we r interested in changing the shape of the valve.
got any idea?
arjunoids
arjunoids · Aug 17, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
any ideas great engineers?
just2rock
just2rock · Aug 18, 2009
Rank B3 - LEADER
pulse jet injection works on engine waver & piston work complying to effective injection of syncronous pulses.Once you do that it can easily signal route effective suction out to the neccesary turbo engine for thrust & collectible monitoring for furthur push .
arjunoids
arjunoids · Aug 18, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
can u explain in detail please😒?
nany_mech
nany_mech · Aug 18, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
instead of changing the design of the valves...!!? why dont u go for a change in its material composition....

generally valves in IC engines, jet engines are made of nickle, chromium, molybdinum,titanium...to increase their strength at higher temperatures....
arjunoids
arjunoids · Aug 19, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
u r confused about valves. eventhough the functions are same in i-c engine and a pulse jet, the differ in heir design.
If you look at the following video on youtube, you 'll be able to understand how the valve works.
pls go to
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqkHJ2zWPY"
so, it is not possiblle to use the common valve for the pulsejet.
any new thoughts? 😒
arjunoids
arjunoids · Aug 22, 2009
Rank D2 - MASTER
any ideas guys?
aryanscarlet
aryanscarlet · Oct 28, 2009
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
I`ve had a new idea in designing a pulse jet by adding a valve in it... According to my intuition and logically this increases the output many folds and I`ve given sufficient reasons for suggesting it. I have a powerpoint of my idea that I have made and I request any of you to please go through it and suggest whether it is viable or not!

Thank you.

Link:https://rapidshare.com/files/29902470..._Pulse_Jet.ppt
thinkdpd
thinkdpd · Nov 7, 2009
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
your problem could be solved if u pay attention to the valve cooling portion. You can add more cooling surfaces to the head of your pulsejet(valves are directly attached to it) or design it in such a way that hot gases can't touch it directly after combustion, becoz the valve breaks mainly due to varyin thermal stress. I think one another cause of valve failure might be the mechanical stress concentration on the middle portion due to over bending of the valve at that portion..if you could design your valve such tht it uniformly bends from top to bottom, stress concentration could be minimised.
Good Luck!
aryanscarlet
aryanscarlet · Nov 7, 2009
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Dear Ceians!!! I Do not want to change the existing valve system. I've changed the design entirely and what I get is a completely new engine!
Read through my ppt and please try and help!

Note: This project has been selected for National Geographic Channel's "Shaping the future event". Before I attend it, it'd be great if I get your expert opinions. So I guess its worth a look!
thinkdpd
thinkdpd · Nov 8, 2009
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Hi aryanscarlet,
I tried to download your ppt file from rapidshear, but i don't know why it shows a error message like a file is missing or somthing like that.Can you please send me your ppt as email attachment to me(thinkdpd@rediffmail.com), so that i can have a clear picture of your problem.
aryanscarlet
aryanscarlet · Nov 8, 2009
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
thinkdpd
Hi aryanscarlet,
I tried to download your ppt file from rapidshear, but i don't know why it shows a error message like a file is missing or somthing like that./QUOTE]

My file says its still available! Neways, I've reuploaded it at
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Thank ya!

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up