PulseJet Designing

Hello everyone,
i'm a student of mechanical engineering in pre-final year.
me and my friends have decided to make a project on valved pulse-jet.
evenhough i got a lot of info from the internet, we interested in changing the design of the pulse-jet engine. can you please suggest some new ideas to improve the design?

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Do you have any design changes in mind?? What exactly do you want to change?? Have you prepared a problem statement. I strongly suggest you sit down with your project partners and draft a problem statement, listing the proposed changes and the constraints you will be working within.
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    v r actually interested in changing the design of the valve (those thin plates which act as valves). normally they 'll break at center. so, we r interested in changing the shape of the valve.
    got any idea?
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    any ideas great engineers?
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    pulse jet injection works on engine waver & piston work complying to effective injection of syncronous pulses.Once you do that it can easily signal route effective suction out to the neccesary turbo engine for thrust & collectible monitoring for furthur push .
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    can u explain in detail please😒?
  • nany_mech
    nany_mech
    instead of changing the design of the valves...!!? why dont u go for a change in its material composition....

generally valves in IC engines, jet engines are made of nickle, chromium, molybdinum,titanium...to increase their strength at higher temperatures....
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    u r confused about valves. eventhough the functions are same in i-c engine and a pulse jet, the differ in heir design.
    If you look at the following video on youtube, you 'll be able to understand how the valve works.
    pls go to
    "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqkHJ2zWPY"
    so, it is not possiblle to use the common valve for the pulsejet.
    any new thoughts? 😒
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    any ideas guys?
  • aryanscarlet
    aryanscarlet
    I`ve had a new idea in designing a pulse jet by adding a valve in it... According to my intuition and logically this increases the output many folds and I`ve given sufficient reasons for suggesting it. I have a powerpoint of my idea that I have made and I request any of you to please go through it and suggest whether it is viable or not!

Thank you.

Link:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • thinkdpd
    thinkdpd
    your problem could be solved if u pay attention to the valve cooling portion. You can add more cooling surfaces to the head of your pulsejet(valves are directly attached to it) or design it in such a way that hot gases can't touch it directly after combustion, becoz the valve breaks mainly due to varyin thermal stress. I think one another cause of valve failure might be the mechanical stress concentration on the middle portion due to over bending of the valve at that portion..if you could design your valve such tht it uniformly bends from top to bottom, stress concentration could be minimised.
    Good Luck!
  • aryanscarlet
    aryanscarlet
    Dear Ceians!!! I Do not want to change the existing valve system. I've changed the design entirely and what I get is a completely new engine!
    Read through my ppt and please try and help!

Note: This project has been selected for National Geographic Channel's "Shaping the future event". Before I attend it, it'd be great if I get your expert opinions. So I guess its worth a look!
  • thinkdpd
    thinkdpd
    Hi aryanscarlet,
    I tried to download your ppt file from rapidshear, but i don't know why it shows a error message like a file is missing or somthing like that.Can you please send me your ppt as email attachment to me(#-Link-Snipped-#), so that i can have a clear picture of your problem.
  • aryanscarlet
    aryanscarlet
    thinkdpd
    Hi aryanscarlet,
    I tried to download your ppt file from rapidshear, but i don't know why it shows a error message like a file is missing or somthing like that./QUOTE]

My file says its still available! Neways, I've reuploaded it at
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Thank ya!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any Instrumentetion or control engineers working on YOKOGAWA DCS systems😀
Hae you read"THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI" by Robin Sharma?Did you like it.share your views.😒😁
plz explain about matlab😕
hi.. I m a B.tech(c.s)third year student ,pursuing my engineering degree from banasthali university,rajasthan.We are organising tech-fest in our college .We would like to invite sponsorship from various companies for...
Name: Neha Arora Engineering Trade: Computer Science Engineering(4th year) Strength: I am a keen and good learner😛 Weakness: I feel lack of proper guidance to improve and use my skills...