Psychologic or why the interviewer always wins

(Posted by Sarinda on a senior citizen site Verdurez)
Interviewer: There are 500 bricks on a plane.
You drop one outside. How many are left?
Applicant: That's easy, 499

Interviewer: What are the three steps to put an elephant into a fridge?
Applicant: Open the fridge.
Put the elephant in.
Close the fridge.

Interviewer: What are the four steps to put a deer into the fridge?
Applicant: Open the fridge.
Take the elephant out.
Put the deer in.
Close the fridge.

Interviewer: It's lion's birthday,
all the animals are there except one, why?
Applicant: Because the deer is in the fridge.

Interviewer: How does an old woman cross a swamp filled with crocodiles?
Applicant: She just crosses it
because the crocodiles are at the lion's birthday.

Interviewer: Last question.
In the end the old lady still died, Why?

Applicant: Err....I guess she drowned?
Interviewer: No! She was hit by the brick. You may leave now

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Now that was a good show of a battle of wits. or rather it was a verbal game of chess where the applicant got checkmated in the end.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Here is how you can tackle the interviewer: ( a very feeble attempt).

applicant : since i was putting the deer in the fridge, i couldn't have been on the
    plane.

since i wasn't on the plane, i couldn't have dropped the brick.

since no one dropped the brick, the old lady did not die by being hit by the brick .
  • Ulkeora
    Ulkeora
    zaveri

applicant : since i was putting the deer in the fridge, i couldn't have been on the
    plane.

since no one dropped the brick, the old lady did not die by being hit by the brick .
    good one ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    zaveri

plane.

Nice one ! ๐Ÿ˜€ but the interviewer may say that the plane had pre installed fridge, so u were on that plane, and u did dropped that brick, so you killed that old lady ๐Ÿ˜
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    rahul69
    Nice one ! ๐Ÿ˜€ but the interviewer may say that the plane had pre installed fridge, so u were on that plane, and u did dropped that brick, so you killed that old lady ๐Ÿ˜

To which i would i would say : "the plane can only have a fridge in it, but it cannot have a jungle, elephant, lion, deer and other animals in it".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PS4's lead architect Mark Cerny talks about the road to PS4 at the Gamelab 2013. Its a great speech that covers Cerny's great career and Playstation's path which has now...
query to find the max no from multiple column in a table.?
Micromax Mobiles has launched yet another mid-range smartphone with Micromax A92 Canvas Lite, rather silently, on online retail site Flipkart. While a lot of people have started pre-booking the other...
Just in time! On the weekend before Google Reader is set to mercilessly kill itself off, Digg Reader has opened its arms to everyone. After being in beta, Digg Reader...
Every now and then, you send in a mail with an embarrassing photo or some gossip about your friends, these mails are supposed to viewed once and deleted immediately, but...