PSUs That Recruit Without Gate Score Card

Hello, i have searched alot in google about the PSU's recruiting without Gate score 2014 card but i got nothing .. please help me.. can anyone tell me the name of PSU's companies who recruits without Gate score card? As i know in 30 PSU's only 11 companies recruits through Gate score card, i want to know the names of remaining 19 PSU's companies? And I am from Mechanical.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I did a quick search on Google and found out that several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have their own recruitment exam. I found following are few organisations that recruit without GATE score; I'd however want you to verify by visiting the official websites of the ones you want to apply for -
    1. BHEL
    2. ECIL
    3. DRDL
    4. DRDO
    5. NTPC (Not Sure)
    6. SAIL
    7. GAIL
    8. ONGC (Not Sure)
    9. HAL
    10. IOCL (Not Sure)
    I believe all of these have their own exams which allow you to get a job without having an official Gate score. Someone more knowledgeable may reply here.
  • atul-namdeo
    atul-namdeo
    But these are the same companies which recruits through Gate score card. If we search only PSU's then these companies recruits through wirtten examination but if u search PSU's recruiting without Gate 2014 then it will show you that these companies recruiting thorough Gate only except DRDO & DRDL.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    atul-namdeo
    But these are the same companies which recruits through Gate score card. If we search only PSU's then these companies recruits through wirtten examination but if u search PSU's recruiting without Gate 2014 then it will show you that these companies recruiting thorough Gate only except DRDO & DRDL.
    Not sure about 2014, as policies keep on changing
    but this year many PSU's, like SAIL, HAL etc. recruited without GATE score too.😀
  • atul-namdeo
    atul-namdeo
    ok thank u but still my question remains the same I want to know the companies which doesn't recruits through Gate.
  • avii
    avii
    why don't you get list of all PSU's from Wiki, read each of their pages and find out yourself?
  • atul-namdeo
    atul-namdeo
    okeh thank you..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like it is really difficult to find out which PSUs hire without the requirement of GATE Score.
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you do find some useful information, do share.
    The best bet is to actually appear for the GATE exam and get a decent score, if it's not too late. For me, the news that PSU hire directly using the GATE Score was actually new and shocking. A lot of people aren't aware of this.
  • RAJ ARYAN PRITAM
    RAJ ARYAN PRITAM
    its a shocking and waste tradition adopted by psus bcoz interest and accomadation varies from person to person....@Ankita Katdare......and even a person aware from this are unable to do so......
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I have been receiving queries via mail and other social media channels to shell any information I might have about the government jobs that one can get without appearing for GATE.

I did search for it, but I couldn't get any useful information. Some PSUs like BHEL do recruit via GATE and later again bring out recruitment advertisements for their own examinations.
    Even ISRO does take applications I hear. #-Link-Snipped-#

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Any information on this?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This is an old page. Check for updates. However, some of the PSUs mentioned here recruit without gate score. Please check. PSU Recruiting Through GATE 2013
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    For CS/IT candidates follow this link, PSUs recruiting with/without GATE score: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Will add some more info on this soon.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, please refrain from adding links to other sites. Just type out whatever information you find in your post. We are doing an aggregation of information here. Links don't help.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please update the post if possible, with the crux of info from that link.
  • RINKY KUMARI
    RINKY KUMARI
    Hello, i have searched alot in google about the PSU's recruiting without Gate score 2014 card but i got nothing .. please help me.. can anyone tell me the name of PSU's companies who recruits without Gate score card? I want to know the names of Psu's companies with out gate recrutment? And I am from Instrumentation.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Did you check these?
    1. BHEL
    2. ECIL
    3. DRDL
    4. DRDO
    5. NTPC (Not Sure)
    6. SAIL
    7. GAIL
    8. ONGC (Not Sure)
  • RINKY KUMARI
    RINKY KUMARI
    Hello, i have searched alot in google about the PSU's recruiting without Gate score 2015 card but i got nothing .. please help me.. can anyone tell me the name of PSU's companies who recruits without Gate score card? I want to know the names of Psu's companies with out gate recrutment? And I am from Instrumentation.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I hope you are doing well. Here are some more PSUs that are said to be recruiting without a GATE Score.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
    National Mineral Development Corp. Ltd.

Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (Vizag Steel)
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Rural Electrification Corp. Ltd.
    Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.

SAIL Trainee:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

NHPC Limited:
    PDF

Reserve Bank of India
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Railway Recruitment Boards
    PDF

Electronics Corporation of India
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Engineers Institute of India
    List of Government PSU’s not Through-GATE for Chemical Engineers

I hope it helps.
  • atul-namdeo
    atul-namdeo
    Thank u very much #-Link-Snipped-# for this useful information.
  • Anand S R
    Anand S R
    I too was searching for the same, and this is what I could conclude. Every year PSUs hire a large number of candidates for entry level jobs. One of the selection criteria used by PSUs is the GATE Score. A large number of PSUs use GATE score to shortlist candidates and call them for interview directly based on GATE score. Almost all of these PSU also have their own written tests and you can attend the interview in a PSU if you pass these tests.

And to conclude:- If you have good gate score u can get a direct interview and if you dont have gate score you will have to pass the tests conducted by individual PSU.
    GATE score is not mandatory to get a job in PSU. The gate score just helps you overcome the individual examinations conducted by these PSU. All the rest including payment is same no matter which way you got selected.

Am a 2015 passout. I dont have much knowledge about this. But still this is my current conclusion and thought to share it here. If I am mis lead, please let me know.

Also here are a list of PSUs which would call you for a direct interview if you have a GATE score ( courtesy testbook.com and wikipedia)

1. AAI
      • Eligible streams: EC
    2. BARC
      • Eligible streams: ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN, CE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 61,000 per month
    3. BBNL
      • Eligible streams: EC, CS, EE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 16,400 – 40,500 per month
    4. BHEL
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE, EC
    5. BNPM
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE, EC, CH
      • Pay scale: Rs. 7 lakhs per annum
    6. BPCL
      • Eligible streams: ME, CH, EE, CE, IE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 24,900 – 50,500 per month
    7. CEL
      • Eligible streams: EC, ME
    8. Coal India
      • Eligible streams: EE, ME, MN, GG
    9. GAIL
      • Pay scale: Rs. 20,600 – 50,500 per month
    10. GSECL
      • Eligible streams: EE, ME, IN, MT
      • Pay scale: Rs. 18,000 per month
    11. HPCL
      • Eligible streams: ME, CE, EC, EE, IN, CH
      • Pay scale: Rs. 9.82 lakhs per annum
    12. IOCL
      • Eligible streams: CH ,CE, CS, EE, EC, ME, IN, MT, MN, GG
      • Pay scale: Rs. 11 lakhs per annum
    13. IRCON International Limited
      • Eligible streams: CE, ME, EC, Signaling and Telecom
      • Pay scale: Rs. 20,600 – 46,500 per month
    14. L&T Build India Scholarship
      • Eligible streams: CE, ME, EE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 5 lakhs per annum
    15. MDL
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 16,400 to 40,500 per month + allowances
    16. MECL
      • Eligible streams: IT, CH, ME
      • Pay scale: Rs. Rs. 16,400 to 40,500 per month
    17. NALCO
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE, IN, CE, CH, EC, MT, MN
    18. NBCC Limited
      • Eligible streams: CE
    19. NHAI
      • Pay scale: Rs. 15,600 to 39,100 per month
    20. NHPC Limited
      • Eligible streams: EE, EC
      • Pay scale: Rs. 20,600 to 46,500 per month
    21. NFL
      • Eligible streams: EE, ME, CH, IN
    22. NLC
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE, EC, MN, IN, CE, CS
    23. NPCCL
    24. NTPC Limited
      • Eligible streams: ME, EE, EC, IN
      • Pay scale: Rs.24,900 to 50,500 per month
    25. ONGC Limited
      • Eligible streams: CE,ME, EE
      • Pay scale: Rs.24,900 to 50,500 per month
    26. OPGC Limited
      • Application date: 1 Jan, 2015 – 31 Jan, 2015
      • Eligible streams: ME, EC, CE, Control & Instrumentation
    27. PowerGrid
      • Eligible streams: CS, CE
      • Pay scale: Rs. 7.78 – 13.95 lakhs per month
    28. PSPCL Limited
      • Eligible streams: EC, EE, ME, IN, CE, CS/IT
      • Pay scale: Rs. 16650-39100 per month + allowances
    29. RITES
      • Eligible streams: EE, CE, ME
    30. THDC India Limited
      • Eligible streams: CE,ME, EE.
      • Pay scale: Rs.7 lakhs per annum

I got these data from googling,If i am not right, please let me know. This is the first time I am posting in a forum ;-). Sincere apologies if I have given a wrong answer..
    Thankyou all
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks a ton! That's a lot of useful information. I appreciate your efforts in jotting down this information in such a good format.
  • Anand S R
    Anand S R
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks a ton! That's a lot of useful information. I appreciate your efforts in jotting down this information in such a good format.
    Thanks sister, feeling motivated 😀
    I will continue doing similar things,and in a better language...
  • karishma Yargatti
    karishma Yargatti
    I'm 2015 passed out interested to work in this kind of company how i can apply for this jobs?
  • Anant Choudhary
    Anant Choudhary
    Anyone tell me about vacancy or recruitment process going on this time for mechanical engineer in either govt. sector or private sector for NIT student having 2.5 years experience in steel division and willing to switch off the job in other sector like power,manufacturing or marketing line.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If you have any further information on this, please share.
  • Himanshu_Sharma12
    Himanshu_Sharma12
    i have a query sorry for intruption but the list provided by #ANAND showing that there is no PSU for EI
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Himanshu_Sharma12
    i have a query sorry for intruption but the list provided by #ANAND showing that there is no PSU for EI
    PSUs for Electronics and Instrumentation engineers:

BPCL Limited - (Bharat Petroleum)
    GAIL - (Gas Authority of India Limited)
    NLC Ltd. - (Neyveli Lignite Corporation)
    Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
    HPCL - (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
    BHEL - (Bharat Heavy Electricals)
    ONGC Ltd. - (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited)
    NFL - (National Fertilizers Limited)
    SAIL - (Steel Authority of India)
    PSTCL - (Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited)
    IRCON International Ltd.
    KRIBHCO - (Krishak Bharati Cooperative)
    NALCO - (National Aluminium Company)

All the above PSUs recruit Electronics and Instrumentation engineers from time to time.
  • YASH GUPTA 15595
    YASH GUPTA 15595
    which psu's recruit without gate score 2016 except barc ?
  • Srasthi Rai
    Srasthi Rai
    I did not have gate scores card 2016 ..so anyone can plz tell me or send the link of comp
  • Srasthi Rai
    Srasthi Rai
    I belong to computer science branch..i searched a lot in Google but could not get the ans..so plz tell in which PSU company can i apply n how to apply in company.. plz send the link.. as i did not have gate scorecard 2016

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Adobe Flash is a battery eater and not recommended on OSX powered computers. If you won own a mac and want to uninstall Adobe Flash completely from your system, merely...
Engineers were able to create world's smallest FM radio transmitter using Graphene - the strongest material known to humans. Graphene is a special material which has taken the entire science...
Mozilla UI design team has been working on the new Australis interface for quite a few weeks now and the good news is that it's now available to test on...
Skype has now arrived in an updated version on Windows 8.1, which makes sure that it keeps up with the latest Windows multitasking features. Those who download the new Skype...
Ray Ban Sunglasses will now pass off all levels of cool, because the next time you take them out when the Sun is over head, you can have them charge...