Provide "FLASHING LIGHT" on my question

hello CEans

i am a 2nd year electronics and communication student....

i was dozing off on my study table when a question flashed to my mind while looking at my study table lamp....

How is the adjustment for intensity of light controlled and how does it actually work???

Any clever C's or Genius G's around here..... i need an answer..... a really good one please.........😉

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    If you are asking how the intensity of your table lamp changes with a knob or switch then open your ES text book and look at a diagram that has a resistor and a voltage source. That will explain how intensity of a table lamp is controlled.

You table lamp works by using power from your voltage source, could be a battery or wall socket (Voltage, V). The circuit also contains a resistor (Resistance, R) that 'resists' current in the circuit (lets call the current I). It is this current that gives a glow to your bulb as the current heats the tungsten element in the bulb.

Now according to the most important law of electronics, the Ohms Law: I = V/R

So, your Current is directly proportional to Voltage, and inversely to the Resistance of the circuit.

Since your Voltage is constant, i.e: Wall socket or a battery, your knob on the table lamp changes the resistance of the circuit to make it brighter or softer! So lesser the resistance the more brighter the bulb, and inversely, the higher the resistance, the softer your bulb will glow.

Hope you got it. Your Electronics book will explain it better, go through it too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone here plz send me details on "latest computer technologies" for seminar
I'm currently SOAKED in patriotic fervor hence the thread. JFK's famous quote says "Ask not what the country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."...
hey engineers, YouTube - Video Demo | MST - Media Searching Technology Search in all your media library using Media Searching Technology, aka MST. The innovative tool that make watching...
Are there any metal heads/rockers in the house?? Please post bands you like..Try and post names of unknown bands that are good or songs of popular bands that you think...
CEans, I wish to know what are the most modern database recovery techniques available today. I'd like to know the procedures involved. My interest is especially in recovering a MYSQL...