Pros and cons of having a WiFi in college hostel

We had the facility of WiFi in our hostel till last semester but the hostel governing people removee WiFi from hostel this semester.When we approached them and enquired about the wifi they replied that students use it in a negative way.I dont understand it.Many of us use it for educational purpose but due to misbehaving acts by some students affect the tech knowledge in us.
Do you think WiFi is unnecessary?
State the reasons why you love it and why you hate it?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well WiFi or Internet connection in hostels/educational institutions is a must today. If they are not providing it, they are in the way of development. And it seems perfectly normal if that facility is used negatively. downloading movies and stuff. I mean who's gonna download them if not Engineers. Anyways that is why we have something called "Network Admin". they can configure their network to educational purpose only and get over with it rather than removing it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Internet enables a student to stay in par with the world tech and developments all around him.

But Some spoilt brats steal the betterness of the whole lot

The saying
    A few Dead Flies Spoil the whole incense Jar
    is really true

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, Let us put on a discussion about the deadliest form of action today and what will it be in next 20 years. Right now we are boasting ourselves...
Well guys, we are all CrazyEngineers here. So I guess a lot of you might be into all the Sci-Fi super hero action. You see an Iron Man flying or...
hi everyone, I was searching on internet about the available software and toolbox which can help me to develop application on computer vision. And I found following material. 1. Matlab...
Computers have coin sized RTC module which keeps the correct time even when the computer is OFF. In raspberry Pi it is not added. It checks the time from internet...
If you are a Chrome lover and Chrome is not automatically doing updates to your browser then there can be following two reasons of the same: - Administrator has disabled...