Proposed solution for torque calculation. Please Check.

Hi!
I have a proposed solution but I'm not sure if it's right. I first did an analysis with the shank/lower leg given the angular velocity and acceleration of the shank at a certain time. I can draw free body diagrams from where I can generate the free body equations according to Newton's 2nd Law (please refer to the figures I've provided). From there, I can compute for the reactions at the knee joint by summing the forces along x and along y. I can now use these reactions to get the torque about the hip joint.

You see that I isolated the shank first assuming that the knee joint is fixed. Did I made the right assumption?

[​IMG]Bipedal Robot Design

[​IMG]Robot Leg
[​IMG]Shank Free Body diagram
[​IMG]Thigh Free Body Diagram
[​IMG]Equation for Angular Acceleration
[​IMG]Solving for Ax
[​IMG]Solving for Ay
[​IMG]Solving for the torque

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to extract the content of one pdf file and want to store it in Text File using java..How to convert this..?Is there any Inbuilt class is available for...
Hello s, We are working with number of computer languages in our life...We choose the language as per the advantages of the language and while choosing we are considering our...
Hi there! I am a Telecommunication engineer and I have made a energy haravesting circuit for my 4th year project. The problem which i have is that the circuit is...
I am 2nd year B tech and I have decided to go for MS from US universities . I want to know which Soft-wares to Learn in Mechanical Specially Design...
Hiii, Which type of PN codes is better for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum - Barker codes or Gold codes? Thanks..