project topic SOS

hi, i'm a final year computer science student having trouble picking. After some thought i considered working on a project that will help the nation's currrent crises and unrest (terrorism, corruption e.t.c - terrorism mainly). I feel for the civilians who do not feel a sense of security which the nation should provide for her citizen. I want to help via my project.
The main challenge is how can i use my knowledge on programming to help the nation via my project.

Thanks in advance for +ve contribution. 😉

ps: i have programming knowledge on PHP and C++ mainly.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Unfortunately you cannot reprogramme the brain of the terrorists.
    You can consider an alarm system with prominent red buttons which can be deployed in public places. People can press these to alert the police/security personnel about suspicious activities or violence. The buttons activate a wireless alert, which is programmed to transmit the alarm signal along with location details.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I like this guy, atleast he has shown interest in national security, only if this interest was kept at the highest priority in our nation.
    A funny idea straight off the head, since you are having experience in C++, consider programing microcontrollers.
    My idea goes like this.
    Make a Wireless RC controlled Car. put a webcam on top, interface the movements of RC car with your PC and also the webcam, since its wireless, I think a bluetooth module might be good enough for a basic level project.
    Stage 1 will be just moving around you car with help of computer keys.
    Stage two might be adding some demo wepons and cross hair..

This project can further be expanded to autonomous soldiers, but considering interest of our top politicians and government, they wouldnt have funds for this.
  • benessy
    benessy
    thanks bioramani and simplycoder 😀. I will look into both ideas.
    ps: once again, thanks very much
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I'm not sure whether this would fit in 'programming' or a computer science project - but what we quickly need is a sensor that detects the chemicals usually used in hand-made bombs. It would be awesome if someone can work on this.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Well, I'm not sure whether this would fit in 'programming' or a computer science project - but what we quickly need is a sensor that detects the chemicals usually used in hand-made bombs. It would be awesome if someone can work on this.
    It can be a computer controlled activity:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • benessy
    benessy
    chemical sensors is a little out of my expertise 😔 . Anyway it's a nice idea.ps: hope someone in CE or else where catches the idea and i work
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    hi, i'm a final year computer science student having trouble picking. After some thought i considered working on a project that will help the nation's currrent crises and unrest (terrorism, corruption e.t.c - terrorism mainly). I feel for the civilians who do not feel a sense of security which the nation should provide for her citizen. I want to help via my project.
    The main challenge is how can i use my knowledge on programming to help the nation via my project.
    ​ Request for Funds being Allocated to villages under ROI act.
    Find out the misappropriation of funds.

Or probably request your Local authorities to provide you with data of the pension schemes for police personnel. You can find the duplicate fund takers.

Or find out the probability of the crop that can be grown next year which will have the probability of high return in terms of demand and probable environment conditions.

Country needs analysis and damm serious analytic software.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Voice Over IP VOIP Java Source Codeownload java VOIP source code. It is a LAN Solution. Multiple clients can communicate with each other using the monitoring of a server.
Guys, I have enabled javascript in Firefox 7.Still i get a message as "Enable javascript" when i try to download a song from a site. Firefox 7: Options->content->enable javascript.I selected...
tell me how you can select material for various machines?
which are the best countries for jobs after compliting BE in mechanical according to current situation????
Ig Nobel Prize winners honored for health research studies Research breakthroughs in health & medicine honored by Ig Nobel prizes - latimes.com