Project On Power Production In Vehicles.

sir,i am studying final B.E in EEE department....i am very willing to do the project of getting electricity from buses..please instruct me sir

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Elaborate your question to get the best answer.
    How much power do you expect from a bus?.
    From my knowledge, The power produced from engine also used to operate alternator which does its job of chargeing the battery after the battery power was consumed for working of starting motor in case of petrol powered vehicles.In case of diesel powered buses,battery power helps in operating pumps,injectors during initial phase of starting after which the alternator run by engine charges battery.

Due you want to extract current from running bus ?
    Are you thinking of using solar pannels,fans that rotates the turbine which helps to produce power when bus moves against air?

please update the post by elaborating the question.

I will tag the experts to answer it.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    @conquerer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# It's Conqueror here anyways

Bus a lot can be done using piezo electric crystals in the floor can generate hefty amount of power But I don't think it will be easy to harvest and use it further in any appliance
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The first law of thermodynamics ensures that any power extracted from the motion of the bus ultimately comes from the fuel used for running the bus. All that one can do is to try to recover wasted power. Regenerative braking is a known method that does this. This is in fairly wide use.
    Regenerative Brake
  • subaBE
    subaBE
    thank you very much for providing those much of ideas.. in bicycle the dynamo is using for glow the light...like wise what arrangements are made in the buses to get a electricity ..and what is the possible amount of electricity can be obtained from that while it is in running?
    Alternator Is the source of electricity in Bus while it Is in operation (during Moment) which charge the battery after the ignition & operates the accessories such as lights , horn , etc.
    Alternator was connected to engine wich runs along with engine and produce electricity as Same as Dynamo.
    During startup of engine , the battery helps in starting ignition.This loss of Power will be compensated By Alternator.After the filling battery a cut Out circuit operates and send the produced Power will be redirected to accessories .

I hope You understand .
  • subaBE
    subaBE
    thanks a lot.,i got a idea for my project.....
    Ask your Professors to get a clear idea .All the best for your project and your carreer sister .
  • subaBE
    subaBE
    is it any gain?...why am i asking this means the power production from running engine will equalize the fuel consumed?
    yes you are correct.fuel consumed =power extracted+ power lost
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    subaBE
    is it any gain?...why am i asking this means the power production from running engine will equalize the fuel consumed?
    Consider a diesel generator designed to produce power from an IC engine. It has an efficiency of about 40%.

A bus is not designed for producing power. It is likely that its efficiency is less for power production. May be 30 to 33%.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What is the aim of the project? If you want to use the power from the engine, there's no point in that really. What would you learn in that?

You are better of working on other sources as others have mentioned, such as regenerative braking, solar cells, etc. Perhaps heat?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Volvo designed the most autonomous car, which can park on its own and some times can drive itself. It has also been equipped to detect the Pedestrians , animals ,...
It may look like a toy on the first look.But I don't think you can handle the surprise that this little fellow have.It can produce a mind blowing 248mph(400km/h) with...
Developers at LXDE are developing QT based LXDE. Recently in the latest blog posted by PCMan, the lead of LXDE Project itself has shown a preview screenshot of LXDE-QT. ​...
Most of the folks working at offices are prone to doing unwanted mistakes at times. Sometimes these mistakes are so grave that it could cost them their job. Today one...
Whenever we buy a transportation vehicle, let's say a Bicycle; we are free to do anything with : customize it, remove the parts you dont like, add the part you...