Project on Engine Overheating

Engineers!!

Am doing my design and fabrication project, simply mini project in engine overheating.

My Abstact:
In case of engine overheating, vehicle will automatically slow down. A PCB board whose input is overheating and output is signals to electrical governor so as to adjust the fuel rack thereby decreasing the fuel supply; slowing the vehicle.

Is that possible? Rectify the errors if there are any in it?

(Note: My Faculties rejected it because there will be no overheating; if so happens the driver will stop it as he'll see the warning in the dashboard. Additional and a sad thing is that they said this is not a mechanical project as it has only electrical and electronics related.😭).

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The teachers are right. It is more a chemical engineering project, if at all. Temperature sensors are already available in all cars. Overheating is related to the cooling circuit. If the circulation is affected, the radiator is choked, the cooling fan is kaput or there is low water level the water starts boiling. You do get a signal. This is not an emergency. There is enough time for the driver to respond.

Any sort of electromechanical control of the fuel flow may have hazards. This section has to be explosion proof and such, which may push the cost up.

Of course, as an engineer one should be free to look at all problems and not get labelled as this or that.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# any suggestion sir? for my mini project!! ??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Electro chemical deburring is used to deburr small side holes drilled into fuel pumps and such in auto application. You can easily set up a small demo with very little equipment.
    Check with your teachers if this is acceptable, after which we can look at detailing the project.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    Will do for sure sir!! thanks again.. #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was firstly using avrdude but it is not responding dont know why?. while using extreme burner its showing error "power on failed & cannot connect to the target chip"....
suppose water is to be taken from point A TO point B the level difference from point A to point B is 10.00 mtrs and residual head is also 10.00...
It's strange, isn't it? All these modern tools of communication have actually made us more anti-social than ever!
plzz..i am student at hbti kanpur.btech.1st yr..... i want too knw how cn i gather sponsoship for my college techfest.............d one adavtage dat i have is i belong to kanpur😨...
a relation is given in book that the total energy of continous time signal x(t) over time interval t1<=t<=t2 is integral frm t1 to t2 |x(t)|^2 dt how do they...