Project Ideas

Hi

Sorry for starting this thread. I feel that the project titles given in various lists of CE are based on IEEE research papers which would tough to do by oneself without having to go to some sort of place where they do and sell projects. I thought that why not we CEans jot out the ideas we have based on the projects we have seen or from the problems we have faced. I somehow feel that it would help in bringing about innovative projects. Delete this thread if it found unnecssary

Replies

• medeepak
    medeepak
    I thought of a problem and i dont if any solutions to this problem exists. Suppose if we go to another place where we dont know to read the local language it would be a real pain for us. So i thought what about building a small device have a DSP processor and a camera in it. We would simply take a pic of the paper/board which has the content in local language, the processor processes it using OCR techniques and finds the text which is sent to some Google translator as an SMS and we get back the translation as an SMS

for e.g. i dont know hindi. so whenever i see a board in hindi i take a pic of it, my DSP processor processes it and sends to google translator using GSM modem and receives the corresponding english translation through SMS. I have seen some mobile translators that can be embedded in a mobile device so we can even eliminate the GSM modem
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's indeed a good suggestion. I contribute ideas based on the problems I face, however those are limited. Most of the visitors to this section come looking for free ideas ( actually, free downloadable projects), which makes this section generate very few good ideas. But we'd love to take it forward in this direction.

PS: Most engineering students don't want to use their own brain. That's the 'real' problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am an electronics and telecommunication engineer. I got placed in a leading IT company and completed its training. I've been posted to my base branch and the nature of...
Reliance, Videocon, Airtel, Dish, Tata Sky - the list is endless for the D2H service providers in India. The price war is on between all these service providers as some...
I just had this funny idea to start a thread about engineers on CE. Add geeky, or nerdy statements to complete the following line. You know you are true CEan...
Sony has come up with yet another ravishing series of VAIO notebook. The attractive VAIO YB series laptop was launched in the pre-show event at the Consumer Electronic Show 2011.*The...
Classification 1.Horizontal, Vertical or Inclined Boiler. If the axis of the boiler is horizontal,the boiler is called horizontal, if the axis is vertical, it is called verticalboiler and if the...