Project Idea: Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm Room (BRAD)

Here's an unique project idea that hostelites or students staying in dorms can try out as a mini-project.
During his freshman year at UC Berkeley, this guy set out to create the most ridiculously automated dorm room in the school ever. Three months and several hundred dollars later, BRAD has been completed!

Take a look:

If you ask, why does the motor make my ears bleed?
Well, It was designed to move drapes up to 35 lbs.

You can automate your rooms and show them as your projects. ๐Ÿ˜ What a cool way to do your engineering project, eh?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Amazing ! I have implement idea of Turn ON and OFF lights using Remote. looking forward to make my Home fully automatic. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    They allow the students to do all these things to a dorm room? We couldn't even hit a nail into the wall in our hostels when I was studying.. To think about all the missed opportunities ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜›

Seriously, a neat project indeed.. That too, if it can be controlled by so many devices, then the states of all appliances in the room should be synced across all the devices.. Good one.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    silverscorpion
    They allow the students to do all these things to a dorm room? We couldn't even hit a nail into the wall in our hostels when I was studying..
    I sure was amazed by it. With the party mode on, the lights and the music at the end of the video was way too much for a dorm.
    Voice recognition was cool though - Homework mode. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

People love to touch computer screens and I hate it the most when people use their own fingers as mouse pointers to attract attention to various spots on the screen....
Rage characters from Dan's Awesome RageMaker: https://ragemaker.net/
Dr. Vijay Bhatkar, one of the pioneers of Indian IT and the engineer who developed India's first supercomputer has been chosen to be the Director of the Indian Institute Of...
With the fuel prices skyrocketing every day in India, the price cautious Indians are panicking. That brings us to the question; which is the tested and proven car in India...
โ€‹July 2012 has five each Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Happens once in 823 years. So What? Nothing. Just a curiosity. โ€‹