Project Help on Image Processing!!!

hi i am final year student(IT)...i am thinking of project in image processing...
1) related to biomedicals: like to detect some symptoms based on pattern recognition on x rays photos or others...
2) to control a small car(or simulation of it)...via gestures that are captured by webcam..
these are just ideas...
i want some expert help on this ASAP...anyone!!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Computer Aided Diagnosis
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This relates to plants:
    PDF
  • Shoaib Kalsekar
    Shoaib Kalsekar
    bioramani

#-Link-Snipped-#​
    #-Link-Snipped-#​
    This relates to plants:​
    PDF
    thank you very much...it was really helpful...however do u think such projects are implementable at B.E level...also can u suggest any other intresting ideas(except for typical ip projects like face detection, iris detection etc..)
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    No at BE level, if you are thinking of a marketable product. There are many external issues related to certification for use of biomedical devices/software for patient use, which are rather time/money and effort intensive.
    However, concept proving of an idea for future venture by the developer or for sale to another entity may not be out of place. For example many such projects are being done in universities like MIT and Stanford. Some of these have been taken up for commercialization by entrepreneurial developers themselves.

I am not too familiar with automated IP. However, software seems to be available for metallography and such areas. Quite a bit of time and manual evaluation is involved in some bio analytical procedures like cell or organism counting. Probably some development in this area may increase accuracy, and reduce time and cost.
    I shall post updates if I find anything interesting.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You guys must have seen vedios. So do we have a team in CE who are willing to participate in these races.The race is on 2 dec in mumbai The...
Lol, At the current moment I am not able to access any frequently visited websites like google,FB,YT because when I click on the link it says DNS look-up failed. But,...
Which Languages Should An Electrical Engineering Student Has To Learn??
AN Electronics Engineer in the making !!! Joining this forum believing i would get to learn new stuffs Very much interested in Electronic Circuits ............
Mu Sigma is a company that selects students in campus and makes them a Business Analyst in their company situated in Bangalore. They came with a nice pay package of...