Project help: Hydraulic brake system

Hi, im not sure if this is in the right fourm but i would really appriciate any help.

Im a 2nd year HNC Mechanical Engineering student and have been given the follwing topic to do a 5000 word report and 10 min presentation on.

[​IMG]

I am really stuck on what to do and where to start and would love some ideas on what to do/where to start!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved to mechanical engineering section.
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    looks to me like you can use the basic idea of a motorcycle brake master cylinder and the mounting of a drum brake configuration from a truck for the shoe mounting and return system. that will make it easy and still a guaranteed to work system.
  • wrongone
    wrongone
    thanks for the help, i know basically what i need to do now. but the assignemtn needs to be 4000 words long. Any idea how i can beef it up a bit? is there any calculations i could do ect? thanks
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    hmmm.... you can give the pressure applied at the end of the hand lever vs. how much pressure would be applied to the actual plunger of the master cylinder, the pressure through the system although if it were a proper functioning hydraulic system with no air in it the pressure at the plunger would be so close to the pressure at the caliper it wouldnt really be useful to try and do the math. and it would all have so many variables it wouldnt be possible to compute with such vague instructions.

says nothing about a booster system either. if you really want to dazzle and impress, design an inline booster system.
  • wrongone
    wrongone
    thanks for the help, much appriciated!
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    ::thumbs up:: good luck with your assignment man!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my gate score is 250 . is it possible to get into iit or iisc or anyother ? if anyother possible means , please tell about the colleges and procedures
Hello friend, I am a student from Delhi. I am very fond of blogging and i have little experience in working with websites. Actually its my dream that i too...
Hi......... i want to send SMS from PC to mobile ...... using JAVA and J2ME..... can you help me thanks alot I M WATING FOR REPLLY...................................😔😔😔
im doing project on ejector pump to lift slurry if you have previuos designs can u...?
As we know there are many websites today like youmint.com,smsgupshup.com where you can easily send sms to your friends for free of cost Can anyone explain me how these websites...