Project help: Automatic sliding doors

I am planning to make Automatic sliding doors as my 3rd year project(like we use in malls) but can't get any info,circuits on net.Could you please tell me from where to start and specify the sensors to be used

Replies

• vickykumar
    vickykumar
    anshulanshul9
    I am planning to make Automatic sliding doors as my 3rd year project(like we use in malls) but can't get any info,circuits on net.Could you please tell me from where to start and specify the sensors to be used

at first sorry,if u dont mind ,,,
    i want to know something about u....
    at first ,,
    I M at B.I.T
    where r u??????
  • anshulanshul9
    anshulanshul9
    I am at NMIMS,mumbai
    bt y?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Usage of SMS text is strictly prohibited on CrazyEngineers.
  • anshulanshul9
    anshulanshul9
    no one has any idea?
  • Differential
    Differential
    Go to malls or wherever you find such doors. See the product and its make. Find their info on internet. List down the material needed, gather the requirements, clear a picture of how your product should look, what it should do. Get back to us for any questions.
  • anshulanshul9
    anshulanshul9
    i had already seen it and know what it should do but can't get any info on net 😔
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Use a laser and a LDR pair some distance ahead of the door. As soon as the laser gets tripped fire a pulse to a servomotor through a relay.IT should be simple. Look for Burlar alarm circuits or Intrusion detction circuits on the internet. For the laser and photodetctor part. That should be pretty easy I guess.
  • nirave
    nirave
    did u try about.com and howstuffworks.com? as far as the sensors are concerned u can use infrared detectors as in motion sensors... u can also use piezo-electric pressure sensors and place them right in front of the door. as soon the person stands on the mat the sensor reacts and u get a current which can acuate the door...
  • anshulanshul9
    anshulanshul9
    Thanks for your replies.
    I have got the basic idea...but still confused on circuit part.
    I am not getting a proper circuit for driving a bidierectional motor with 8051 microcontroller!
  • medeepak
    medeepak
    L293D is a bidirectional motor driver IC
    google for it to know more
  • anshulanshul9
    anshulanshul9
    i came to know about it some hours back only and was googling about this ic when i received your post 😀
    Anyways,thanks a lot!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am thinking to make a project on "online library manegment system". but i am not gettin how should i proceed. How should i start? pls give me some tips...
hii friends please tell me how can i implement chat in my web project..............
i am planning to do a recipe management system so i need somebody to guide me on the ER diagrams.please help me out
hii friends .... I want to read XML ... please suggest me the best book for XML or the best way to read this... because i am trying to read...
my name is sanjay 😎 dng btech