Project based on Computer Networks

Hi all.
Am a student of Electronics and Telecomm Engg,3rd yr.
I need some tips from you guys regarding what I can pursue as my major project.
I don't want it to be even near to robotics(no mechanical engg involvement).Also it shouldn't be completely based on Microcontroller.!
Can I make a project based on Networking(WWW or any cellular network based.)
Also it should have features that makes it an Electronics project,like i can interface lcd with microncontroller for display n so on.
I mean it shouldnt seem like a total CS project.
Can you guys suggest me some project based on Networking.Am ready to learn and work at any level of programming and we have around one full year time for the completion of the project.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    Hi all.
    Am a student of Electronics and Telecomm Engg,3rd yr.
    I need some tips from you guys regarding what I can pursue as my major project.
    I don't want it to be even near to robotics(no mechanical engg involvement).Also it shouldn't be completely based on Microcontroller.!
    Can I make a project based on Networking(WWW or any cellular network based.)
    Also it should have features that makes it an Electronics project,like i can interface lcd with microncontroller for display n so on.
    I mean it shouldnt seem like a total CS project.
    Can you guys suggest me some project based on Networking.Am ready to learn and work at any level of programming and we have around one full year time for the completion of the project.
    It means you want a combine project?
    You can make Network using RF communication. Like 10-15 different RF devices are connected with each other and they form something similar to Computer in networking. This is just an idea. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    thnx.. but i think tht it wud be a long project..I mean everything has to be manually made..One cant purchase transmitters and receivers from the market.
    In that case it will be a long project as I will have to make the transmitters and receivers for all the RF devices.

Can it be a project something like creating an elementary telnet type software using programming and then using bluetooth or something for transmission.I don't have enough idea though.Just a vague thought.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    thnx.. but i think tht it wud be a long project..I mean everything has to be manually made..One cant purchase transmitters and receivers from the market.
    In that case it will be a long project as I will have to make the transmitters and receivers for all the RF devices.

Can it be a project something like creating an elementary telnet type software using programming and then using bluetooth or something for transmission.I don't have enough idea though.Just a vague thought.
    Ready RF Transceivers are available in market.
    If you are talking about Bluetooth then i have one more idea that you have to connect bluetooth device to any equipment like Fan or light in Home Appliances then you have to transfer command from PC to that device via bluetooth to turn it ON or OFF. and for more feature you can send the running time of the device to PC too.
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    @ godfather
    thnx for tht... ๐Ÿ˜€ yea those are exactly the type of projects i ws lukin for..could i code for tht in C or JAVA?

how about this..making a complete software on PC which can interface to all appliances at home via bluetooth..you can select any appliance from the software window and control its functioning.
    since I dont have a PC with Bluetooth facility ,can i use a wireless modem or something. ๐Ÿ˜”
    I really want to include alot of software programming stuff in the project as well. I think this would be a great idea.

though i just have an idea, will have to work hard and research alot..
    Do you think i should continue with it..Since am a E n TC student I dont know much of the software Programming,but I will for sure work at it, and I want to! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Once you are ready with the wireless interfacing part I don't think you'll require C programming(i.e. if you're not interfacing a micro controller) MATLAB has facilities for interfacing & programming.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    @ godfather
    thnx for tht... ๐Ÿ˜€ yea those are exactly the type of projects i ws lukin for..could i code for tht in C or JAVA?

how about this..making a complete software on PC which can interface to all appliances at home via bluetooth..you can select any appliance from the software window and control its functioning.
    since I dont have a PC with Bluetooth facility ,can i use a wireless modem or something. ๐Ÿ˜”
    I really want to include alot of software programming stuff in the project as well. I think this would be a great idea.

though i just have an idea, will have to work hard and research alot..
    Do you think i should continue with it..Since am a E n TC student I dont know much of the software Programming,but I will for sure work at it, and I want to! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have One more suggestion with some more detail.
    Connect RF module with your PC (Serial or USB) and then according to your PC Software send the Command to RF Module. That RF Module will transmit it to the appliances which are also connected with RF Module. and RF module are addressable so you can give them different ID and you just have to transmit that ID from your PC with your Command like ON or OFF.

As i have no experience in Bluetooth based communication thats why suggesting you this one and i think its also cost efficient.

How's This?
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    Thnx..yea, tht seems well too..evn i dont hv any idea of how to work with bluetooth and hav worked wit RF Tx-Rx before..
    But tht ws just operating one operation-ON and OFF of a single motor.
    I have heard of ready made RF modules through which you can interface many appliances altogether.
    But since every thing has to be manually made,can it be a feasible task to make the whole addressing RF module circuitry.?
    Thnx for your support ๐Ÿ˜€ How do you think I should get started with the project especially with the Software part.
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    Also, I have a second question.
    Do people professionally use RF modules to create devices like this.I mean isnt that just a elementary project idea to use RF module and one should use wireless technology for higher projects.?
    Dont know,but when I made a project previous to this,the person taking our viva was like RF,the most easy way to deal with-no tuning no fuss required,elementary-huh? ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    Thnx..yea, tht seems well too..evn i dont hv any idea of how to work with bluetooth and hav worked wit RF Tx-Rx before..
    But tht ws just operating one operation-ON and OFF of a single motor.
    I have heard of ready made RF modules through which you can interface many appliances altogether.
    But since every thing has to be manually made,can it be a feasible task to make the whole addressing RF module circuitry.?
    Thnx for your support ๐Ÿ˜€ How do you think I should get started with the project especially with the Software part.
    I have worked on HOPE RF's Transceiver, I had used two RFM22B modules and made one protocol in which i have given ID to device. You can do the same thing Connect RF Modules to appliances and from the PC transmitter when you press any Button in your GUI generate particular protocol Frame and that will be received by all the RF Receivers but Operation will take place only on that RF in which your transmitted ID matches.

And before you start your software part first finalize your RF Module and Microcontroller and related Hardware Circuitry.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    Also, I have a second question.
    Do people professionally use RF modules to create devices like this.I mean isnt that just a elementary project idea to use RF module and one should use wireless technology for higher projects.?
    Dont know,but when I made a project previous to this,the person taking our viva was like RF,the most easy way to deal with-no tuning no fuss required,elementary-huh? ๐Ÿ˜”
    Can't get you. Sorry.
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    i ws juz hoping tht making "RF based project is not an elementary project"..
    anywaz..thnx a lot.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    i ws juz hoping tht making "RF based project is not an elementary project"..
    anywaz..thnx a lot.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Okey Go ahead mate,

and yes do not forgot to keep us updating with your project. Looking forward to see you active on CE.
    and also let us know about status of your project. when you are going to start it?
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    Yea..for sure..
    within 12-15 days..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Bags003
    Yea..for sure..
    within 12-15 days..
    All the best.
  • Bags003
    Bags003
    Thankyou ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="]Why Hydrogen Gas is the best cooling medium for rotating machines?[/FONT] [FONT="] [/FONT] [FONT="] [/FONT] โ€‹ Utilization of Hydrogen gas as the cooling medium either for inner-cooled or for conventional...
hello friends, Anybody have idea about how two applet communicate using static members.
I want to know the the difference between Multi-programming and Multi-processing.
Hi guys, i'm trying to make a g force simulator. i trying to recreate the g force that occurs in a fighter jet during its flying. I'm doing design only...
Dear Friends, I wish to learn AJAX. What are the softwares required? I already have .Net 2005. Adv. Thanks, R.Rengaraj