programming the pic

i have been hooked for hours on a programmer but cant get it to work....if i set the configwords setting off, then its k....how does one know which settings to be set or reset?? and for different programmers its different??

i am using winpic, picprogrammer softwares...

Replies

• urgull
    urgull
    Programming of PIC microcontroller in basic laguage is not much dificult. Proton compiler for PIC is very simple. To start with simple project, their ciruit diagrams and source codes,examples are here,#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    You can find here the basics and examples.
  • shawnmk123
    shawnmk123
    great...thanx...let me read up and then i'll come back
  • shawnmk123
    shawnmk123
    #-Link-Snipped-#

check this site out....it tells that writing a code to program the PIC in C is really a bad idea coz , the program is not workable on all types of PIC...true??
  • shawnmk123
    shawnmk123
    i have used the PIC C compiler provided by the CCS but its pirated....do u know anyother C compiler software that can be used with PICs ???
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shawnmk123
    i have used the PIC C compiler provided by the CCS but its pirated....do u know anyother C compiler software that can be used with PICs ???
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Hitech C Compiler

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi , My first post. Can someone suggest me a book on application of computer programming in field of mech engg. specifically automobile industry.
Its very good puzzle. It is simple but still its effective to confuse peple to scratch her heads. Here is the puzzle: We have total 100 rs and we need...
This thread is dedicated for automation concepts and problems you faced during automation with various tools. Be it a Open source or its a paid tool, do post your quires....
When we execute a C program, the output is printed on the black screen by default. I want this output to be decorated. I want it on a well designed...
I had a 5.1 surround system..but recently a high voltage burnt my woofer PCBs. The woofer speaker is gud...i want to do somethnig... the four channels (front left/right n rear...