Profile + Work for an MBA student

Guys, can anyone throw some light on this question? I would like to know about the profiles & work which are given to students after mba.

I have seen many students are going for mba field so i am just gathering information more & more about mba field.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll ask #-Link-Snipped-# (IIM-Indore Alumni) to reply.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey pushkar,

Post MBA, there are a variety of profiles which open up for you. They depend upon -
    1. Which specialization do you go for (Finance, Systems, Marketing, Ops, HR, etc)
    2. Which college you do your PG from (IIMs, second rung b-schools or local b-schools)
    Typically, Systems profile start with Business Analyst roles, or Bid Management/Pre-sales roles.
    Marketing profiles start with Sales oriented roles (Area Sales Manager, Sales Executive and so on)
    Fin profiles can be as the Finance and Control team in any company or as Equity Research Analyst
    Obviously these are not the only profiles, depending on how you mix the skills you can get into other roles (Sys + marketing, you have product manager, online sales, etc.)
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, i am interested in IT side. So, i am interested in MBA in IT/Systems/operations. Are all same? 😒

I am also looking for a good college. I am not crazy for IIMs but still one of the good bschools. I like IMT G, Fore, IITs, IMI D, NMINS.

So, let me know what you can say for me 😀
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Typically, an MBA starts out as a Business Analyst in an IT firm. Depending on your orientation, this can change from person to person ...
    1. If you can put together a good presentation and communicate clearly, you can then go for Pre-Sales, which results in a career of IT Sales (often referred to as Account Management)
    2. If you can manage people effectively, then you can go for Project Management (or the PMO)
    3. Given enough years, if you can lead sales and also do Project Management, then you can shift into a Product Manager role (who liases between tech, sales and customers)
    4. If you do like number crunching and making awesome presentations, then a career in Consultancy could be the calling ;-)

Would be easier to indicate if you could share a link to your CV or LinkedIn profile 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To make a line follower robot without microcontroller from scratch is very simple, all you need is an acrylic sheet chassis, two DC BO motor, 1 caster wheel, 2 LDR...
I am a student of DTU DELHI.I have given my 2nd sem exams and will be going in 3rd sem but rightnow i am having holidays(40 days still remain) .Till...
I have completed Diploma in Production Engineering.I have ten years experience in Welding & Metal Cutting (CNC Plasma / CNC Oxy Fuel) Industries.
hi i want to detect the faces from still image with the help of edge detection. my program is just finding edges and am also trying with bwlabel() and regionprops()...
Name: ravind kumar *Engineering Trade: mech Location: ghaziabad, india *Occupation: Working as a design engineer Work Experience: 6 year *Hobbies & Interests: reading books *Aim in life: (to become a...