Prof. Nitin Nohria to become Harvard's next dean

Indian born professor and IIT-Alumnus, Prof. Nitin Nohria is all set to become the next dean of Harvard University. He currently is the professor of business administration at Harvard Business School (HBS). On July 01, 2010, Prof. Nohria will become the 10[sup]th[/sup] dean of Harvard.

He is the first Indian and first non-white professor of BA at HBS. Prof. Nohria will replace Prof. Jay Light who announced his retirement plans in December 2009.

“I am grateful to President Faust for this opportunity, and I feel humbled and privileged to follow many outstanding deans, including Jay Light,” Nohria said. “I feel a profound sense of responsibility for continuing Harvard Business School’s proud legacy of groundbreaking ideas and transformational educational experiences. With business education at an inflection point, we must strive to equip future leaders with the competence and character to address emerging global business and social challenges. As we enter our second century, I look forward to working with the School’s faculty, staff, students, and alumni to forge a vision for Harvard Business School that will enable it to remain a beacon for business education for the next 100 years.”

About Prof Nohria: Prof. Nohria obtained a degree in Chemical Engineering from IIT Bombay in 1984. His interests include theory and practice of leadership, the study of human motivation, the analysis of management practices critical to corporate success, and the strategic and organizational challenges of globalization. Prof. Nohria is also the co-author/editor of 16 books.

Source: Nitin Nohria named next dean of Harvard Business School – Harvard Gazette

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is the time when the final year engineering students graduate. Four years that all of us spends in Engineering are invariably the most memorable years of our life. So...
I've been to many campuses and have interacted with many students. Since past few years, there's a trend forming; especially among Indian engineering students: IT Jobs - no matter what...
I remember the days of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). You'd plug in new hardware and driver - and zoom the BSOD would appear on screen. Can someone explain what...
I haven't had a chance to download Fedora. I've been toying with uBuntu 10.04 since last few days and its charming! Both have linux working in the background. So I'm...
i am mohan , I am new to this forum . can any one please help me to solve this problem I hav created a table using div . now...