Production of Yellow LED - Techniques?

We just wrote about the latest innovation from NXP Semiconductors - production of Yellow LEDs that give you the old 'Yellow' light from the Edison's times. I'm not familiar with how difficult it is to eliminate the 'White' light and make naturally coloured LEDs. Can someone post a bit of information about the techniques used?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My knowledge is limited in LEDs.
    But as far I know,White light is nothing bit R+G+B.
    Yellow light which is primary color,it seems tough to create it by mixing two colors,anyways theoretically R+G = Y.
    Red light is obtained easily but Green light which is usually used in laser projectors have very high intensity,so R+G is not possible.
    The other mathematical way is White - Blue = R+G+B + (-B) = R+G = Y.Now question is how this removal of Blue light from white light to be done to obtain Yellow light.
    This makes it tough act.
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    take a look .
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Using filters is a large scale solution of your problem #-Link-Snipped-# But in smaller LED scale I think frequency rejectors are better solutions
  • Maratiraju
    Maratiraju
    The_Big_K
    We just wrote about the latest innovation from NXP Semiconductors - production of Yellow LEDs that give you the old 'Yellow' light from the Edison's times. I'm not familiar with how difficult it is to eliminate the 'White' light and make naturally coloured LEDs. Can someone post a bit of information about the techniques used?
    Why do you want to eliminate something from white light to produce yellow light, when it can be directly synthesized??
    Yellow LED's can be directly manufactured using Arsenic as the impurity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers at Rice University and Israel's Technion University have created the nanotube fibers which exhibit totally unique properties. First the conductivity is 10 times that of the graphite conductors, strength...
Love free music on your phone? Gaana.com has launched an app for the Android, iOS, Blackberry, Nokia and Samsung platforms - that lets you have access to millions of the...
The next smartphone to wait for is definitely the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung's finally confirmed that the upcoming Galaxy S4 screen will be massive 4.99" wide (diagonally), will have...
hii,this is martin sujith.I am persuing my engineering in information technology.I am intrested in knowing about new technologies.I joined crazy engineers becoz to gain knowledge.
My name is Sunil Tyagi, an civil engineering graduate. Presently I am working as Deputy Chief Engineer/Projects with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. My aim is to excel in the field...