Produce Electricity & Sell it to State!

Why can't we produce electricity at home? We always wonder. Why do we have to depend on state? Well Narenda Modi has a *profitable* answer. According to a new state policy, anyone in the state who can produce more than 10KW electricity, can sell it. It will be the responsibility of state to convert it into main grid. You can sell the power so produced to state at INR 15/ unit.

How can you generate free electricity? Its simple, We have plenty of Solar energy. So what does it mean? You can easily earn INR 2,25000 just by installing solar photovoltaic cells on roof tops!

Citizens can earn 2.25 Lacs/ year
15 Sq.mtrs of space is needed to set up a 1 Kilowatt solar plant; which will primarily cost 1.50 Lacs. JEDA has suggested setting minimum 10 Kilowatt plant to make it in grids which will need 150 sq.meter space costing Rs. 18 lacs. The seller can earn 2.25 lacs/year with 15 Rs/unit.
It also means that Gujarat can become self sufficient in energy and also can sell the surplus to other states. PLUS it is all GREEN power.

Read further- #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# your views please 😀

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As per the Gujarat Government Policy if you are generating energy from Solar or Wind and you are going to set up such devices at your home then you have to supply some amount of Energy into grid so by that way Electricity Board has less burden and even they are giving you per Unit money. And Even government is providing subsidy when you are buying Solar Panel or Wind Mill.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    you can also set up wind mills in a wind farm and wheel that power to anywhere in the state. this can reduce the cost of electricity you buy to half its price. Many companies are investing heavily in this scheme to bring down their utility cost.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..and what's the overall cost of setting up the equipment?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Not sure but for setting up Smallest Wind Mill costs around 1-2 Lac.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    The_Big_K
    bigger ones like 1.25 MW cost around 675 lakhs. But if u are using that much power then project payback is 7 years.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    prashpan
    bigger ones like 1.25 MW cost around 675 lakhs. But if u are using that much power then project payback is 7 years.
    You mean 6.75 lacs or 675 lacks?
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Issue
    You mean 6.75 lacs or 675 lacks?
    675 lakhs for 1.25 MW. usually medium and large scale companies buy such wind turbines.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    prashpan
    675 lakhs for 1.25 MW. usually medium and large scale companies buy such wind turbines.
    For this amount, it is not possible to set it up by an individual at home. Thats the reason the power plants are there right?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    This system of selling energy back to the grid is already in place in many countries. The best part is- gov doesnot really have to look for dedicated space and specific investment. A simple roof top can support soalr panels. But the question being, will we be able to generate so much electricity that we can use and put the rest back into grid??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    For this amount, it is not possible to set it up by an individual at home. Thats the reason the power plants are there right?
    Yes, but we have to move from powerplant based energy generation to unitary generation. It is quite possible. If one city needs 10MW electricity, and one house produces 10KW, a group of 1000 houses can produce the required energy. If more number of people participate, surplus electricity is produce that can be sold to nearby states.
    durga
    This system of selling energy back to the grid is already in place in many countries. The best part is- gov doesnot really have to look for dedicated space and specific investment. A simple roof top can support soalr panels. But the question being, will we be able to generate so much electricity that we can use and put the rest back into grid??
    The system is already in place in Gujarat. I do not know if a single household can produce 10KW of electricity. But of course, the figures are quite positive. The key point is, if there is collective effort (number of houses generating it collectively), the state can achieve target energy production.
    Another news about this I saw #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Issue
    Yes, but we have to move from powerplant based energy generation to unitary generation. It is quite possible. If one city needs 10MW electricity, and one house produces 10KW, a group of 1000 houses can produce the required energy. If more number of people participate, surplus electricity is produce that can be sold to nearby states.

The system is already in place in Gujarat. I do not know if a single household can produce 10KW of electricity. But of course, the figures are quite positive. The key point is, if there is collective effort (number of houses generating it collectively), the state can achieve target energy production.
    Government is not asking for higher KW generation by solar. But yes there is some minimum amount of energy you must have to inject in grid then they are going to pay you according to the energy injected by this way government can cutout the losses which is because of energy transmission.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    How safe it is? But Gujarat always stands out! hats off to Modi!
    English-Scared
    How safe it is? But Gujarat always stands out! hats off to Modi!
    What is unsafe in it?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If you are generating too much of KW at home, that cant be done just like that rite? there should be a complete electrical equipment installed which takes care of all the possible accidents.
  • Nachko
    Nachko
    English-Scared
    If you are generating too much of KW at home, that cant be done just like that rite? there should be a complete electrical equipment installed which takes care of all the possible accidents.
    Yes. Special equipment should be installed in order to make the system work properly and avoid accidents. As far as I know the investment cost is around 1-1.5 USD/Watt. And this doesn't include the price of the land (or rent for the roof).

BTW there are interesting new solutions, especially for PV. There are sandwich panels with integrated PV cells and connections, PV foil that can be attached to the windows, PV windows... Really nice things, but still expensive 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The brave new world Netizenry with a population far more than a Billion is here. Where is is it going? Is it scary?
hi, everyone, i'm a material engineering student and i'm working on a project in which i'm supposed to study the heat treatments of the 51CrV4 steel (spring steel) and i...
any can give me the difference b/w stop & wait ARR and go-back-N ARR
My name taiwo,a student,i am here to learn more about electrical and electronic.thank u
"Can Women And Earthquake Be Related?" Well they can be related as per an Iranian cleric according to BBC. Hojjat Ol-Eslam Kazem Sedighi says that if Girls show the hair...