Problems on aerodynamics

A hypersonic experimental aircraft is flying in the lower stratosphere at an altitude of 20 km, at a ground speed of 177m/s.
a)the atmospheric pressure and temperature experienced by the aircraft at 20 km altitude, assuming an isothermal variation in temperature in the stratosphere,calculate
b)the Mach number at which the aircraft is flying.
c)the Mach number behind the shock wave located just ahead of the aircraft nose.
d)the temperature and pressure experienced by the tip of the aircraft nose.

Replies

• zahidfcuk
    zahidfcuk
    can anyone tell me, where can I get some solved problem in aerodynamics??
  • roopits4me
    roopits4me
    hiiii,
    refer these books once it might be helpful for u.

Introduction to flight - Anderson
    Fundamentals of Aerodynamics - Anderson
    Aerodynamics for Engineering Students - Houghton and Carpenter/Caruthers
    Aerodynamics - Clancy
    Modern Compressible flow - Anderson
    Gas dynamics - Rathakrishnan
    Viscous flow - F M white

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Skype users - be happy. Skype 5.5 for Windows is now available for download. Skype 5.5 for Windows comes with deeper integration with Facebook. You don't have to leave Skype...
CircitBee comes to your rescue when you want to share your electronic circuit designs with fellow engineers. CircuitBee takes your schematic project files, converts them into its own internal format...
i making my own robotic arm parts but the problem is which is best choice to make it???acylic or hardwood?? shud i use cnc machine or leth ?? i will...
Hi everybody I found one good resource of receiving Online Certification like CCNA / CCNP / ORACLE OCP / SOLARIS - JAVA / ITIL / HP / SYMENTEC NETBACKUP etc...

hai

hai. Iam anish