Problem with my PC

Hi Friends
Im facing a wiered problem with my CPU.
The problem is when ever i start my PC, the processor fan starts rotating faster than the normal speed which is causing lot of noise. When i contacted one of the computer service centres, he has changed the SMPS. But still i can see the processor fan is rotating than the normal speed. Even he has checked the processor fan and found that its working fine. Due to this over speed of the processor fan my system keeps on hanging regularly.
Please help me how can i resolve this problem

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    Perhaps your processor is getting overheated quickly( a hardware problem) or the temperature setting is set too low. Try running your PC with all the covers open and look for if there is any change in the fan speed. This might help identify the problem, or you can also try changing the temperature setting from the BIOS settings( do it with care).
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    it might not b the fan
    the fan rotation increases to cool down processor
    the faster rotation means ur processor is heating up sooner
    check task manager n find out the prog taking max process
    end the process
    shud help
    also try running system in safe mode n see if the prob persist
    all the best
    hope this info helps!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, frendster is correct. Check out which programs are consuming a lot of your processor resources.

I had an issue with Windows Update last time, which had a process that sucked up so much of my processing power. I had to disable it and download the fix from Microsoft.
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Hey Frnds, thanks a lot for ur response
    For the past 5 to 6 months im running my PC with the cabinet overs open, so even that doesn't show much difference. And I have checked the task manager whether any process is utilizing high amount of CPU, but all of them seems to be normal. And also i have started my PC in safe mode, but I encounter the same problem. Even when i enter into the BIOS settings ( i guess BIOS wouldn't utilize much processor) , then also the fan roatates at a heavy speed. Is this a Mother board problem or Processor problem ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Can you check whether the Fan is set to "always on"? I saw that as an option on my laptop last time. Either you set it to on all the time, or set the speed according to processor temperature.

What kind of processor do you have, by the way?
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    give us more information of ur system specification..
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    My Specifications are given below:
    Intel pentium 4 with 2.6Ghz dual core processor
    Intel 945GNT mother board
    Earlier there was 512MB DDR ram, and since due to this over heat problem my pc was running slow so bought another 2GB RAM with same bus speed as the old RAM.
    I have a 250GB IDE harddisk and a DVD R/W.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hmm.. I believe P4 dual cores are notoriously known for their overheating problems.

Check this page out: #-Link-Snipped-#

A solution is to get a better cooling solution ๐Ÿ˜€ You've already solved the airflow issue by opening the casing, haha. Maybe change to a better fan.. or add a water cooling thing.
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    What is a water cooling thing?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol, sorry.. I meant a water cooling solution. It uses flowing liquid to dissipate heat from processors, RAMs, etc.

More info here: Watercooling Computer Usage

and here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Before that, try replacing the existing fan a more bigger fan.. or additional fans if you casing allows for it!

[EDIT]
    If you notice under "references" in the Wikipedia article, there is our very own CEan mbeychok ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • soul_hacker
    soul_hacker
    well its nothing to do with the fan.The processor fan depends on the loading of ur application on the pc.If there is loading on the pc then the fan will rotate to compensate the speed. Ths avoids the overheating of the processor. According to me your pc hangs up because of inadequate space in teh harddisk to run. Clean up your unwanted data and use registry cleaner speedup ur pc.
    Other wise increase ur ram
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Hiii.thanks for ur response
    I have a hard disk of 350GB with 11GB free space ( C: drive has 20 GB space)
    And coming to the RAM, i have 2.5GB of RAM (DDR). Which looks both the HDD and RAM are sufficient.
    Please advise
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    balumankala, is it possible if you change your processor? I believe that is the culprit. As i've mentioned before, that specific model has overheating problems, regardless of whether there is loading or not.
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Hmmmmm....even i was under the same impression.
    Okay.....will try to change the processor
    My mother board model is Intel 945GNT mother board, what all the possible processors will support?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I hope this is correct ๐Ÿ˜›

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Holy crap.. I just realised 945 is also my chipset too. In fact.. the Pentium D that I have IS a P4 dual core. I totally did not know this ๐Ÿ˜” No wonder Dell installed a big fan system right on top of the chip.

Check this out:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I just got conned. However.. they are still good processors to overclock. As long as you invest in good cooling solutions ๐Ÿ˜€
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    how about changing ur cabinet which has at least to accompany 2 to 3 fans and how about having it.
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Thanks a lottt for ur amazing replies yaaar.....As a last solution i will change my processor
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, I have a cabinet with 2 Fans, anyway due to this problem im running my PC with both the cabinet covers opened.
    Thanks a again for the help
  • arunbasillal
    arunbasillal
    Well. I had a similar problem. The problm was with the cabinet. Modern Cabiets can be opened only on a single side. So Disk Drives and my SMPS cannot be fixed on both sides. So both my SMPS and my drives used to ram with the Cabinet walls and produce nasty sound.

I fixed this thing by placing a rubber pad for my drives. I had my SMPS replaced too. Now the sound is gone.

Try using a good SMPS, maybe you can borrow one from a friend. If the problem is not with the SMPS, get that verified by taking your SMPS to a freinds home..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

good to be with people havin common sense..
Hi, I have a small motorcycle engine, a single cylinder, two-stroke, 39cc blata 'replica' engine to be precise. This runs a simple magneto type system to produce spark at the...
I know, I know.. we have so many dead projects. However, I believe that by suggesting projects to do, theres a chance that a segment of CEans will be interested...
guys our posting problem is increasing should have to do something.like making it compulsory to read rules first before they post their introduction.any other suggestion. here is another having a...
Hello All, I would like to host my site, I have seen many hosting review sites.....I have noticed that thehost-review giving in depth knowledge on hosting companies and hence it...